PDA

View Full Version : WTS: E.P Bond Confederate Enfield

28ME
06-12-2010, 03:59 PM
I have for sale an E.P. Bond, J.H. anchor stamped, Enfield with strong Confederate prominence. Some of the Identifying features of the musket include the following markings: a prominent ‘B’ Stamp on the top of the butt of the rifle; a serial number on top of the butt plate marked 7239; a stamp on the edge of the ramrod which matches the same number on the butt plate: 7239; and of course, the J.H. Anchor marking next to the edge of the trigger guard.

I also have a bayonet that was kept with the rifle – my grandfather claimed it was issued with the rifle—but I do not have the authority to say if it was issued with the musket for certain. However, there appears to be a similar style J.H anchor marking on the bayonet which may indicate its association, but I can’t tell. Nonetheless, I have pictures available for those seeking further inquiry.

This Enfield is a family Heirloom, thus, it pains me to sell it, but due to financial burdens and the bad economy, I am forced to sell it. I have consulted several guides and appraisers, and I can vouch for its authenticity. I am asking 5,000 dollars for it; it is a fair price, and I know it will go on a dealer’s wall or shelf for 8,000 dollars.

Link to more photographs: http://s609.photobucket.com/home/Corporal_Jonah

Caleb Horton

1st Maine Cavalry

[attachment=0:1wq5ksu4]DSC00511.JPG[/attachment:1wq5ksu4]
[attachment=1:1wq5ksu4]DSC00519.JPG[/attachment:1wq5ksu4]
[attachment=2:1wq5ksu4]DSC00513.JPG[/attachment:1wq5ksu4]

Jim Mayo
06-13-2010, 09:52 PM
That is a nice one. Hard to get one better especially with matching ramrod. If I had 5 K to spare It would be mine. Do you have a name of the soldier who used it? Good Luck.

S.Sullivan
06-15-2010, 05:39 PM
This forum is primarily for shooters rather than collectors, so I must ask, what is the bore like?
S.Sullivan

Muley Gil
06-15-2010, 08:49 PM
Caleb,

Was your ancestor a Confederate soldier, and if so, what unit?

28ME
06-21-2010, 05:24 PM
The bore looks very used; looks like it was used during the war.

I have no idea who it was issued to. All I know is my grandfather remembers getting it from his father who claimed it belonged to a Confederate soldier.

28ME
08-05-2010, 05:38 PM
I lowered the price of the rifle to $4,500. I will be posting more detailed and better lighted photos on my photobucket site shortly; the link is above on my first post.