PDA

View Full Version : mold for a GALIGER CARBINE.

toot
08-21-2021, 08:47 AM
what LEE MOLD would I need to purchase for casting bullets for my original GALIGER CARBINE? thanks' in advance. toot.

Eggman
08-21-2021, 10:08 AM
This 'un with lotsof lube.

toot
08-22-2021, 07:25 AM
eggman, please tell me what is the mold size and info that I will need to order it? thanking you so much. toot.

Eggman
08-22-2021, 10:00 AM
Toot --- it's the 50-320. There's also a shorter version don't get. I use in Spencer (Hoyt liner), Maynard (Hoyt liner), and Smith repro. The top rim grabs the rifling, the others fitted to bore diameter--- soooo, it's very case loadable.

Lou Lou Lou
08-22-2021, 11:04 AM
Is that a REAL bullet? Rifling engraved at Loading?

Eggman
08-22-2021, 03:39 PM
Is that a REAL bullet? Rifling engraved at Loading?
That may be the case Lou although here the bullet is engraved at the ass-end of the barrel rather than the mouth. Got to say I love the way it works in my breech loaders.

toot
08-23-2021, 09:28 AM
eggman, thank you so much for the reply with the info. I will call TITAN RELOADING SUPPLY and order one. toot.

toot
08-23-2021, 09:36 AM
eggman, in the picture of the bullet you posted, do you lube all 3 groves on it, before loading it, or after it is seated, and what is left standing out of the case? and do you thumb press it into the case with no problem? if not how? sorry for all the questions, but I an a pilgrim. thanks for taking the time to help me. toot.

Eggman
08-23-2021, 12:02 PM
VERY good questions Toot. Keep in mind as I answer them that the N-SSA makes me camp in the Mentally Defective Section at the national range when I'm out there. As i mentioned I use the bullet in the Spencer, Maynard, and Smith repro. I also use a standard powder charge of 30 grains fffg in all three. So -- the bullets stick out of the various cases various distances. In Spencer cases, some quite undersize, you'll usually see grease showing. In the Smith and Maynard not, just the top section. I always pack all the grooves with Len's Lube prior to inserting in the cases. Do some testing/experimenting to find your ideal. But I think you'll like this bullet. A big advantage - you can fire it over and over and over again without fouling taking over.
Didn't answer the last question; yeah I thumb press them all. No problems with them falling apart.

Joseph Plakis Jr, 00302V
08-23-2021, 01:56 PM
Toot
I will pass on something that Eggman did not say. I was told a long time ago if someone suggest what you should do to shoot better or what to try the following are the golden rules. 1st if you don't laugh hard at the suggestion or you are positive you won't get hurt try it. 2nd if you try it and it does not work try something else. 3rd if possible try to borrow bullets to try or borrow someones mold it try different bullets. 4th and most important be safe!!

toot
08-23-2021, 03:07 PM
Toot
I will pass on something that Eggman did not say. I was told a long time ago if someone suggest what you should do to shoot better or what to try the following are the golden rules. 1st if you don't laugh hard at the suggestion or you are positive you won't get hurt try it. 2nd if you try it and it does not work try something else. 3rd if possible try to borrow bullets to try or borrow someones mold it try different bullets. 4th and most important be safe!!
thank you so much. toot.

toot
08-23-2021, 03:16 PM
VERY good questions Toot. Keep in mind as I answer them that the N-SSA makes me camp in the Mentally Defective Section at the national range when I'm out there. As i mentioned I use the bullet in the Spencer, Maynard, and Smith repro. I also use a standard powder charge of 30 grains fffg in all three. So -- the bullets stick out of the various cases various distances. In Spencer cases, some quite undersize, you'll usually see grease showing. In the Smith and Maynard not, just the top section. I always pack all the grooves with Len's Lube prior to inserting in the cases. Do some testing/experimenting to find your ideal. But I think you'll like this bullet. A big advantage - you can fire it over and over and over again without fouling taking over.
Eggman ,thanks again. that is what I will have to try. as to being in the MENTALY DEFICIANT SECTION at the range that is the go to place to get the answers from you. I think that at 77+++I am also MD.?