PDA

View Full Version : WTB: fired, empty Navy Arms .41 rimfire cases

Steve Blancard
08-10-2021, 05:18 PM
Navy Arms had a run of .41 rimfire short smokeless ammuition made in Brazil back in the 1980s-1990s period. I'm looking for some of these fired, empty cases. Maybe you bought some years ago and shot them in your derringer and threw the empties in a box to gather dust. If you have some and would let them go, please let me know. Thanks.
Steve

Steve Blancard
08-21-2021, 07:32 PM
Still looking for empties.

If you'd like to know what I'm doing with them, check out this short video. Thanks.

https://youtu.be/R7x9cfqzEeQ

Kevin Tinny
08-21-2021, 08:54 PM
Hello, Steve:

Sure enjoy your vid's on the CAS/SSS Forum. Impressive and thanks.
My Navy Arms 41RF's were made in Brazil and came via Dixie in the late '80's.
Might see if Roberson Brass in Amarillo TX would attempt some. Ask Jeff there.
Are you going to return that garter gun to Fat Kate?
Smiles.
Kevin Tinny

Steve Blancard
08-22-2021, 07:10 AM
Thanks Kevin. Roberson lists .41 rimfire short on his web site, the type that take a .22 blank in an offset chamber. I've already machined my own like that and it works well. But now that I've broken the code on repriming and reloading original copper rimfire cases, I want to pursue that.

I'd also like to find few empty .56-50s to play with in my Remington split breech and m1871 Springfield Spencer.

Kevin Tinny
08-22-2021, 08:36 AM
Thanks, Steve:

Given the prices for individual rimfire 56-50's, not sure how to get a handful. I know where perhaps a couple empties (from broken down rounds)are and will inquire for you. They are copper. Will PM when hear from member near the Fort.

Perhaps you could post a Wanted classified. Smiles, Kevin.

Steve Blancard
08-22-2021, 09:07 AM
Thanks Kevin, I appreciate it! I'll put up a .56-50 WTB ad too.