PDA

View Full Version : Flash Paper

Ronald Vecchioni
07-17-2021, 10:46 AM
The powder trickling out of the base of my plastic Smith cartridge tubes drives me a little nuts. Has anyone had any luck using magician's "flash paper" in the bottom of the tubes? If so, what type and what was the source? Thanks!
Ron V.

mgmradio
07-17-2021, 10:54 AM
You don?t need flash paper. Just cut a small piece of tissue paper and place it I. The bottom of the cartridge before you load the powder. As an alternate method you can just use the small self glued paper dots to cover the hole on the outside of the cartridge. The spark will burn through it.

Lou Lou Lou
07-17-2021, 11:35 AM
Use a hole punch on folded t.p. Makes a bunch , drop em in

danajhanson
07-17-2021, 11:45 AM
A drop of liquid bandage works very well.
Easy to apply, burns right through.

Jim Brady Knap's Battery
07-17-2021, 12:25 PM
I've been using paper surgical tape for years. Stick a small piece on the outside of the case and the cap flash fires right through. I seldom remove it when washing the cases as the layered buildup of the tape acts like a gasket around the flash hole and the breech stays quite clean.

rgsheppard
07-17-2021, 03:22 PM
Get a package of small dots from Staples or Walmart. After I wash and dry my tubes, I apply a dot over the hole and throw it in my coffee can with the rest. Its ready to be loaded next time around. No problem with the flash going through the dot.

Joseph Plakis Jr, 00302V
07-18-2021, 07:06 AM
I tried the paper dots and I had to poke a hole in the dot before I shot. Now I have gone to the dollar store and bought cheap fingernail polish (It is lacquer) and put it on the rivet hole on my Smith tubes. I have been doing this for about 15 years. I don't poke a hole in the polish before I shoot. My son uses fingernail polish also, He pokes a hole with a nipple pick when he is shooting them. When I reload my tubes again I use a different color polish so I know which are the oldest loaded rounds. As long as you don't go crazy putting on the fingernail polish it fires ever time. It is quick, easy and cheap!
Joe Plakis Jr.
Hampton Legion

hawkeye2
07-18-2021, 02:31 PM
And you can color coordinate with your uniform. :)