PDA

View Full Version : A neat training aid for revolver

Maillemaker
06-29-2021, 04:02 PM
So one of our Deep South guys, Lani Harrison, brought out one of these at the last skirmish. It's a replica 1875 Remington revolver. CO2 powered.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XG36PZ9

https://i.imgur.com/rQ3gw10l.png

It comes with 12 fake "cartridges". These are what you stick a pellet or BB into. The CO2 cartridge is installed in the grips where the mainspring would be on a real revolver.

The weight is comparable to a real revolver. The trigger is heavy, but it's a great training aid for holding and firing a revolver. It's quiet enough that you can shoot it in your garage. It is, however, quite powerful, and at 20 feet it will put a pellet right through a soda can. Definitely not a toy and you will definitely want a good, absorbent backstop and wear safety googles when firing it. I got it to teach my daughter how to shoot revolver. At $110, it's a relatively inexpensive training aid.

Steve

Jim Brady Knap's Battery
06-29-2021, 04:50 PM
I have a CO2 powered 73 Colt and a S&W Schofield. Both are good shooters. Feel like the real thing in your hand.

hawkeye2
07-03-2021, 11:44 PM
I have the Remington and like it very much. It's a quality product with the only fault being the trigger pull is far lighter than we are allowed. The grips house the co2 cylinder and are quite a bit oversize. Pyramid Air had the best price and great service. They also have a great review on their site.

bobanderson
07-04-2021, 11:43 AM
I bought the Peacemaker about 2 years ago. I would have bought the Remington, but that was only offered as a smoothbore to shoot steel bbs.

The accuracy of the rifled pistol shooting pellets is much better.

Gamo makes a .177 caliber lead round ball that also shoots pretty well in the rifled versions.

From the description of the gun in your link, yours appears to be a smoothie, Steve.

hawkeye2
07-04-2021, 02:25 PM
It is a smoothbore and will shoot either BBs or pellets.