PDA

View Full Version : WTB/WTT: Mississippi and 1861 Parts

Capnball
06-06-2021, 10:53 PM
Reproductions are fine, so are originals if cheap enough. Trying to build a Harpers Ferry Fifth Alteration .58 (check out this article: https://www.militarytrader.com/militaria-collectibles/mississippi-rifle ), and hoping to find parts cheaper than from the usual dealers. A couple gents here on the forum have helped me out with some parts for a great deal (thanks again, guys!) so I am hoping there are others out there with stockpiles of parts they'd give me a deal on.:D I would also consider a reproduction rifle with a trashed barrel, stock, or both.

I already have for MS rifle:

Lock
Barrel
Buttplate
Trigger plate & bow, missing trigger and one nut
Sideplate
Patchbox screws
Ramrod
Front band
Rear band

I still need for MS rifle:

Black walnut stock, planning to get a Dunlap
Rear barrel band spring
Front barrel band spring
Front sling swivel and pin
Patchbox
Buttplate screws
Ramrod retention spoon and pin
One triggerguard bow NUT
Trigger and screw
Reproduction lock bolts (2)
Original style hammer (casting?)
1855 front and rear sights, late 1859 type
1855 bayonet lug
Nipple
Musket tool

Thanks, and lemme know what you have.

noonanda
06-07-2021, 03:09 PM
I still need for MS rifle:

Rear barrel band and spring
Short alteration front barrel band and spring
Front sling swivel and pin
Patchbox and screws
Buttplate screws
Ramrod retention spoon and pin
One triggerguard bow NUT
Trigger plate wood SCREW
Trigger and screw
Reproduction lock bolts (2)
Sideplate
Original style hammer (casting?)
1855 front and rear sights, late 1859 type
1855 bayonet lug
Proper all iron ramrod
Nipple
Musket tool

Thanks for reading, and let me know what you got.

If you dont get any bites on here, at least for the Mississippi S&S Firearms carries most of these parts. I built a Harpers Ferry Type 4 (also known as a Type E for the NSSA) modified Mississippi and will be using it this weekend at the Cockade shoot. Sounds to me like you are trying to build a Harpers Ferry Type 5 (also known as a Type F for the NSSA) (if your rear sight is the later M1855 3 Leaf sight used on the later M1861)

https://www.ssfirearms.com/products.asp?cat=81

Capnball
06-07-2021, 03:23 PM
If you dont get any bites on here, at least for the Mississippi S&S Firearms carries most of these parts. I built a Harpers Ferry Type 4 (also known as a Type E for the NSSA) modified Mississippi and will be using it this weekend at the Cockade shoot. Sounds to me like you are trying to build a Harpers Ferry Type 5 (also known as a Type F for the NSSA) (if your rear sight is the later M1855 3 Leaf sight used on the later M1861)

https://www.ssfirearms.com/products.asp?cat=81

Thanks Daryl! Yeah, I'm planning on a 5th alteration, and I'm going to go with parts from S&S, DGW, Lodgewood, and The Rifle Shoppe as needed. But man do they add up! Really hoping to get some cheaper from folks on here.

Capnball
06-10-2021, 01:29 PM
Edited to update the lists, and to remove the '61 parts for now. Going to focus on the Mississippi build. Still looking for parts, gents!

Capnball
06-17-2021, 09:15 PM
I've found all the parts I need (I think!) except a set of patchbox screws.