PDA

View Full Version : Youth competition guns

Ben Nevlezer
04-29-2021, 02:57 PM
I'm looking for information and sources for an air or spring fired BB/pellet gun to get my 4 year old grandson started. I have seen many different and very accurate types, both BB and pellet, in the hands of youngsters at the Nationals. Particularly the Daisy type single shot pellet rifle where the pellets are dropped down the muzzle. Does anybody have any info, sources, or advice? I have seen some very impressive shooting by many kids with some pretty interesting guns that aren't the typical off the shelf Walmart daisys......

P.Altland
04-29-2021, 09:29 PM
I'm looking for information and sources for an air or spring fired BB/pellet gun to get my 4 year old grandson started. I have seen many different and very accurate types, both BB and pellet, in the hands of youngsters at the Nationals. Particularly the Daisy type single shot pellet rifle where the pellets are dropped down the muzzle. Does anybody have any info, sources, or advice? I have seen some very impressive shooting by many kids with some pretty interesting guns that aren't the typical off the shelf Walmart daisys......

This is the Daisy that loads from the muzzle. Bought this for my daughter to shoot the BB matches. You just have to change the globe front site insert with the post to be legal. Also be sure to use the Precision Ground BBs that are designed for it. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210430/bf09f7286ccba9d962e02c372fdd1a4d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Nevlezer
04-30-2021, 08:55 PM
Excellent! Precision ground BBs??? The only BBs I've ever known are Crossman Copperheads or the Daisy silver kind....

P.Altland
04-30-2021, 11:52 PM
Excellent! Precision ground BBs??? The only BBs I've ever known are Crossman Copperheads or the Daisy silver kind....

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210501/2bccc6f1417304b043d41a4a6a3ac380.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bobanderson
05-01-2021, 05:28 AM
Gamo sells .177 lead round balls that shoot very well in my pellet guns.
Wonder how they would perform In these competition guns compared to steel?

kenpgh
05-01-2021, 09:59 AM
I have 2 of the Daisy model 499B I could be persuaded to part with.