PDA

View Full Version : Federal curio and relic license?

efritz
05-25-2010, 08:07 AM
I'm looking to obtain a C & R license from the feds. All paper work has been submitted to the feds and local Police. So far all is OK. But, I was informed by the feds that I should check with my State (New Jersey) Police to see if there were any restrictions on me to follow through with obtaining firearms with the C & R lic. I did call the State Police and was told unofficially that I had to obtain a retail license but I should call back. Haven't had that time yet. I was also informed that I could call several times and get several different answers. Is there anyone in NJ that has gone through the process and obtained the license?

05-25-2010, 04:55 PM
WARNING !! WARNING !! WARNING !!

Residents of New Jersey are NOT recommended to obtain a C&R license. The Federal government can issue you one if you apply, but once they do, you are subject to search and seizure by the New Jersey State Police. This is a situation in which NJ State Law supersedes Federal Law. For more details, see http://www.evannappen.com.

matt
05-27-2010, 12:12 PM
c&r in nj is basically useless as all firearms must be transferred through a dealer in nj and a nics check done. jersey doesnt honor the c&r for direct purchases shipped to the c&r home. they all must go through an 01 ffl just like a non c&r weapon. this was the issue the cmp had with nj and why they can no longer ship directly to a persons home it is required to be a face to face transaction which means you will have to pay the dealer to receive the weapon and pay the nics charge.
matt
winslows battery 9775v

efritz
05-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Thanks fellas. That appears to be the case here in NJ. I am going to abandon the idea of a C & R lic. until I can retire and move out of this state which also charges an exit fee for moving out of.