PDA

View Full Version : Wilkinson 577-420 mold wanted.

Michael Maroney
02-28-2021, 08:44 PM
I'd like to acquire a Wilkinson 577-420 mold. I have been informed today that Moosemolds is no longer in business so I can't order one. If anyone has a single or double cavity mold available for sale, please let me know. Thanks.

Mike Maroney 4th La. Delta Rifles.

geezmo
03-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Mike,

This is a recurring topic here. Have you tried contacting them yourself? Their website (moosemoulds.com) is still up, with their contact information. It's been posted here, a number of times, that their apparent preferred method of communication is by facebook, if you do that (I don't). It has long been speculated here that they are out of business only to have them reappear. It doesn't appear to be a good way to do business but people overlook it because it's a part time enterprise and their products are quality made.

Good luck.

Barry Selzner

Maillemaker
03-01-2021, 01:04 PM
Barry:

Moosette emailed Mike and told him that Moose closed up the company. It's a for-sure thing now, unless they change their minds. That's why Mike is looking here.

Steve

MR. GADGET
03-01-2021, 04:25 PM
Wish people would learn that there is a large number of people that will not use Facebook.

I want and email and phone line min. Web site that functions is a plus.

geezmo
03-01-2021, 07:26 PM
Barry:

Moosette emailed Mike and told him that Moose closed up the company. It's a for-sure thing now, unless they change their minds. That's why Mike is looking here.

Steve

Steve,

Thanks for the clarity regarding the source of this news. I guess it's true this time. Too bad. I have a number of their molds and have always been well satisfied with their service and products. I guess I'll value and appreciate my Moose molds more now since there will be no more.

Barry S.

Maillemaker
03-01-2021, 10:56 PM
Yup, their 577-420 mold has been my "Holy Grail" bullet since I discovered it. Easy to cast since there is no hollow cavity, double cavity, and super accurate in my Whitacre P53 barrel and my Hoyt Richmond Carbine barrel.

I hope everything goes well for them. Sounds like they have had a rough year.

Steve

bobanderson
03-02-2021, 07:14 AM
I guess I'll value and appreciate my Moose molds more now since there will be no more.

And just like my supply of 22lr and primers, my Moose Moulds have just tripled in value.

I hope this isn't permanent, but things always change. I wish all the best for the Moose and Sandy.

Michael Maroney
03-04-2021, 05:02 PM
Mr. Santarelli: I made payment to you via PayPal on 3/2/21. I tried sending you a pvt. message to confirm receipt but the website says you can't get any more pvt. messages until you make room in your inbox. I wanted to confirm the receipt of payment and find out if you can provide tracking info when you ship. Thanks.