PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli sharps.

WCJ
12-23-2020, 04:09 PM
Hello all, if I was to shoot a reproduction Sharps just for informal target shooting without shooting too many rounds do I have to worry about it becoming hard to shoot without one of the after market breech block alterations?
Thanks.

gemmer
12-23-2020, 05:10 PM
Hello all, if I was to shoot a reproduction Sharps just for informal target shooting without shooting too many rounds do I have to worry about it becoming hard to shoot without one of the after market breech block alterations?
Thanks.
That depends on what you consider "too many rounds" and what your budget is. All things considered I think you'd be much better served with the alteration. I do not compete. I shoot a Pedersoli .54 Sporter. I sent it to Charlie Hahn and never looked back.

Maillemaker
12-24-2020, 04:10 AM
My Pedersoli 1859 would get off about 10 shots before the action became immobile.

I sent it to Larry Flees who did a great job and now it will shoot basically indefinitely. I put 89 consecutive shots through it without cleaning.

Here is my review:

https://www.n-ssa.net/vbforum/showthread.php/13515-Review-Larry-Flees-Pedersoli-Sharps-Carbine-rework

K. Herrick
12-24-2020, 12:36 PM
Check your notifications, PM sent

WCJ
12-26-2020, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the answers to my question.

Walter