PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1809 Potsdam Conversion Musket .72 Cal - Nice Bore!

markthenav
06-11-2020, 09:37 AM
Here is a very respectable 1809 Prussian Potsdam Civil War Conversion Musket in about .72 caliber. Given the date stamps, appears to be made in 1821 and converted in 1843. Also appears to be numbers matching. Various unit and rack markings on the barrel flat and butt plate. Brass components have a pleasing patina. Original nipple and clean out screw remove easily and snug up tightly. Original and correct ramrod is full length. Wood is quite solid with minimal dents and dings from use and several light cartouches. Four inch sliver of wood missing from ramrod channel and period tang wood chip repair on the left side . Other than that, well above average. Lock is all original and operates perfectly. Mainspring is quite strong. Metal on lock and barrel is mostly a blotchy patina throughout. This smooth bore sports a very nice bore that I would rate about 8 to 8.5/10 with minimal oxidation throughout. All in all a very solid and all original/correct Potsdam musket. $725 shipped east of the Mississippi. $750 shipped west of the Mississippi. Please email me at markthenav@aol.com for more pictures or questions. I will ship insured UPS or USPS ground to lower 48 only. USPS MO preferred. Personal checks held until cleared. Adult Signature required for delivery. Thanks for looking!