PDA

View Full Version : ID a Couple of Modern Wilkerson Bullets?

Tom-in-Pittsburgh
05-26-2020, 02:50 PM
Greetings to the Board.

I recently had Pat Kabosky make up some Wilkerson bullets for me. One design (Pat's "Type 1" - roughly 570 gr) has two compression rings and the other ("Type 2"- roughly 480 gr) has only one. Pat says that his moulds are unmarked. I didn't bother digging out my good scale - just weighed these on a postal scale, so the weights are only approximate. Note that the bases of both (I only took a picture of one, but they're both similar) are flat, with a higher portion in the middle. They are not "cupped" or "dished."

Anybody have any thoughts about whose moulds/designs these might be?

TIA,

Tom

9643 9644

ms3635v
05-27-2020, 03:08 PM
The one on the left looks similar to the mould that Pedersoli sells for their Lorenz rifle. I don't know the maker of the bullet on the right but I can tell you that it's not a Moose Mould Wilkinson .

Steve Weems
05-27-2020, 09:18 PM
Greetings to the Board.

I recently had Pat Kabosky make up some Wilkerson bullets for me. One design (Pat's "Type 1" - roughly 570 gr) has two compression rings and the other ("Type 2"- roughly 480 gr) has only one. Pat says that his moulds are unmarked. I didn't bother digging out my good scale - just weighed these on a postal scale, so the weights are only approximate. Note that the bases of both (I only took a picture of one, but they're both similar) are flat, with a higher portion in the middle. They are not "cupped" or "dished."

Anybody have any thoughts about whose moulds/designs these might be?

TIA,

Tom

9643 9644

The second bullet with one ring is a Wilkerson Improved Picket MKIII by Bridesburg Armory and is rated at 445 grains This goes back a few years!!