PDA

View Full Version : 1859/63 Sharps Carbine handuard measurements

noonanda
05-10-2020, 05:34 PM
Could someone with a Sharps Carbine take a couple measurements for me? I need the total length of the handguard, and I need the distance from the rear to the step down for the Barrel band. If its not too much trouble could you measure from the rear to the both the front and rear on the Barrel Band.

Thank you in advance

Dave Fox
05-15-2020, 02:13 PM
Have to write something to send this, so here it is....

Dave Fox
05-15-2020, 04:39 PM
By the way, I note in the first picture I'm not holding the ruler exactly at the rear of the forestock, where it butts against the receiver. The other two measurements (barrel band and forestock tip) are correct.

noonanda
05-16-2020, 01:24 PM
By the way, I note in the first picture I'm not holding the ruler exactly at the rear of the forestock, where it butts against the receiver. The other two measurements (barrel band and forestock tip) are correct.

Awesome thanks alot

Dave Fox
05-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Are you seeking like measurements on the Robinson / Richmond Sharps? Would be happy to help once my museum in our old courthouse is unlocked again.

noonanda
05-24-2020, 10:54 AM
Are you seeking like measurements on the Robinson / Richmond Sharps? Would be happy to help once my museum in our old courthouse is unlocked again.

Yes Sir I am