PDA

View Full Version : Zouave front sight replacement

Dylan Hopper
04-27-2020, 04:47 PM
With all this time on my hands as of recent I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to remove the existing front sight and replace it will a tall one on my navy arms Zouave. Any info pertaining to what I need and how to do it right is much appreciated. I am thinking of getting the tall front sight from s&s unless any one has a better suggestion. Thanks.

John Bly
04-27-2020, 08:15 PM
Those front sights are brazed on and it takes a lot of heat to remove them. The best thing is to file off the standing blade and file a groove into the base. Then lead solder a new taller blade in place. This takes much less heat and if done properly will not discolor the blueing at all. The other thing would be to file the entire sight base off the barrel and solder a new one in place.

rchristopher
11-01-2020, 04:08 PM
With all this time on my hands as of recent I was wondering if anyone could explain to me how to remove the existing front sight and replace it will a tall one on my navy arms Zouave. Any info pertaining to what I need and how to do it right is much appreciated. I am thinking of getting the tall front sight from s&s unless any one has a better suggestion. Thanks.

Reach out to Dan Whitacre @ Whitacre Machine shop. He just put a new front sight on my Zoli Zouave. Excellent craftsmanship.

Roy

noonanda
11-02-2020, 02:36 PM
Reach out to Dan Whitacre @ Whitacre Machine shop. He just put a new front sight on my Zoli Zouave. Excellent craftsmanship.

Roy

I did as well. Mr Whitacre might be able to do it while you wait, cant speak enough about his work and prices