PDA

View Full Version : My Father's great gift

JKannen
04-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Good morning,
I'm a brand new member and was excited to find your forum. I was just searching for parts for the Merrill Carbine I inherited from my dad and stumbled in here.

I'd like to ask if there's a place to get more information about my carbine based on S/N. I've heard that I might even be able to track the weapon to the soldier to whom it was issued but that might just be a rumor and pipe dream.

I know virtually nothing about it but do know that over the years some of the original screws were replaced, probably by my handyman dad, and there is a fairly significant crack in the stock just behind where the tail of the breech assembly mounts into it. Everything seems to be complete. The wood is a bit beat up and some parts of the metal could use some cleaning. Other than that it looks to be in pretty good condition. I can send photos if they would help.

Could you hook me up with a section of this site or forum where I might be able to get more info?

Thanks a million.

Jim Kannen

John Holland
04-10-2020, 02:57 PM
JKannen - You are already on the correct page of this forum for the questions you have posed!