PDA

View Full Version : Current Lead price for a truck load... just for your reading pleasure.

WBR10654
03-21-2020, 02:10 AM
Just "because" I checked the World Price for Lead (London Metal Exchange) to see how this "crap" is effecting it's price.

Current price is about 84.6 Cents a pound or about $36,224 for a truck load of 44,000 pounds of PURE LEAD.

That would be 22 bundles of about a ton a piece.

My guess after shipping and the profit for Smelter adds,,, it would be around 95 to a buck a pound.

Not that we would get much chance to shoot it up this year.

Stay healthy,

DPBaldwin

MR. GADGET
03-21-2020, 09:30 AM
I agree with not much time to shoot it but....
It is a great time to get out and cast bullets. One could stock up on lead, cast a bunch of bullets, prep what they will need for the next 5 to 10 years. Maybe even start a casting business. Labor is free for some being sent home out of work but still getting some type of pay, benefits or retirement check.
I was casting 2 oz to 10 oz weights all last weekend getting ready for the fishing season.
Plan to start casting bullets this week.

Kurt Lacko 7862
03-21-2020, 10:04 AM
http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html

Yesterdays trade price was $.74 a pound. I'll bet it goes below $.40 in a few more weeks! Unfortunately we will still pay $1.50 a pound give or take a quarter.

Kurt

mike davenport
03-21-2020, 02:09 PM
David
you should do another deal like years ago
mike

Just "because" I checked the World Price for Lead (London Metal Exchange) to see how this "crap" is effecting it's price.

Current price is about 84.6 Cents a pound or about $36,224 for a truck load of 44,000 pounds of PURE LEAD.

That would be 22 bundles of about a ton a piece.

My guess after shipping and the profit for Smelter adds,,, it would be around 95 to a buck a pound.

Not that we would get much chance to shoot it up this year.

Stay healthy,

DPBaldwin

jonk
03-21-2020, 04:24 PM
IF China is telling the truth it is almost over there. If that is any indication this may all literally be yesterday's news by the time nationals rolls around. I prefer to plan for a normal season which includes buying lead. And if it is a curtailed season, an outdoor shooting range is the perfect place to be with everything shut down, and you can always practice alone.

WBR10654
03-27-2020, 01:19 PM
today it is about 80 cents... but you still need to add their up-charge and shipping.

SO, maybe the take home price would be about 90 cent a pound...

Last time I bout it was about 54 cents and after other charges about 63 cents a pound.

I collected about 28,800 bucks from Skirmishers and made the purchase. So we had up-charges in the 4000 dollar range.

I am doing it from memory and that is why I am not giving you exact numbers.

BUT::: I guess it would be about 35 Grand for 44,000 pounds delivered.

DPB

http://www.kitcometals.com/charts/lead_historical_large.html

Yesterdays trade price was $.74 a pound. I'll bet it goes below $.40 in a few more weeks! Unfortunately we will still pay $1.50 a pound give or take a quarter.

Kurt

jswift
03-27-2020, 07:44 PM
I live in lower Alabama and I buy mine and team members lead from Sanders lead company for those interested, the contact info is: Mikie Floyd, 334-566-1563, ex. 318. They also have the largest trucking business in this area.

Maillemaker
03-28-2020, 12:05 AM
Jswift do you shoot with us in the Deep South Region?

I go down to Sanders about once a year and pick up pigs for folks.

I was planning on going down in April but now our shoot is postponed until June.

I may take a day off and make a run down there anyway.

Steve

jswift
03-28-2020, 07:24 PM
Hi Steve, Yes I have shot at the Brierfield Deep South skirmish from time to time, there are three of us that are members of N-SSA and live in this area and we are members of the Wythe Rifles TW19. I have been shooting with my team for close 60 yrs. I have always enjoyed the Brierfield shoots, when I could make them. If your in the area on a lead buying trip(I live about 25 miles south from Sanders] and would like to shoot at my gun club please don't hesitate to call, my contact info: Jim Swift, 210 Cherry Hill Rd. Enterprise, Al. 334-347-8125, email:swift5005@rroadrunner.com.