PDA

View Full Version : Colt Signature series musket

Yakiman
03-10-2020, 09:41 AM
In the approved arms lists the entry for the Colt Signature series musket says "no identifying marks". What does this mean?

2) Chattahoochee BPS Co. (Colt Signature 2) (no identifying marks)

John Holland
03-10-2020, 08:27 PM
That means there are no markings to identify who actually made the arm.

Yakiman
03-10-2020, 09:06 PM
That means there are no markings to identify who actually made the arm.

Confused...does that mean my Colt 1861 musket is not approved because it has Colt markings?

John Holland
03-11-2020, 12:19 PM
Yakiman - The "Approved Arms List" states specifically that the "Chattahoochee BPS Co. (Colt Signature Series)" is approved for use in the N-SSA. Your musket is exactly what is listed as being approved, therefore your musket is approved. I apologize if it was confusing for you, but I don't know of any other way to state it more clearly.

Yakiman
03-11-2020, 12:53 PM
Yakiman - The "Approved Arms List" states specifically that the "Chattahoochee BPS Co. (Colt Signature Series)" is approved for use in the N-SSA. Your musket is exactly what is listed as being approved, therefore your musket is approved. I apologize if it was confusing for you, but I don't know of any other way to state it more clearly.

) Chattahoochee BPS Co. (Colt Signature Series) (no identifying marks)

What confused me is right after the "signature series it says "no identifying marks"

John Holland
03-11-2020, 01:14 PM
I already answered that question after your original post.

Yakiman
03-11-2020, 03:55 PM
I already answered that question after your original post.

Thank you so much for your attention. From someone contemplating membership in the N-SSA, from someone who's already bought a carbine, a musket and all the leather gear, your condescending response pretty much tells me why the organization is having trouble recruiting. I'm done. Someone wants to buy this stuff, send me a pm.

MR. GADGET
03-11-2020, 04:13 PM
) Chattahoochee BPS Co. (Colt Signature Series) (no identifying marks)

What confused me is right after the "signature series it says "no identifying marks"

Is there a question here that was not answered?

John Holland
03-11-2020, 04:53 PM
Yakiman - I am very sorry you thought my reply was condescending, it most certainly was not! It was a true statement, I really don't know how to state it any other way. If you have a better way you think it could be done, please tell me what it is. I thank you sincerely for any suggestions you may be able to provide!

Carolina Reb
03-11-2020, 09:43 PM
Yakiman, I'm afraid you misunderstood the responses. Colt didn't make your musket, they just put their name on a product someone else made. It's the same as if you bought a Buick Regal thinking it's a Buick. It's actually an Opel Insignia with a Buick badge. But, you'll never see Opel on the car. There are lots of products like this. Please don't give up on the N-SSA because of this. It's a great group and I guarantee that if you have gone to the trouble of getting all that equipment, you will enjoy skirmishing. Come on out and shoot your new guns!

JW 5875V
03-11-2020, 09:44 PM
Yakiman,

Everyone in the N-SSA is willing to help anyone, member or non-member
as to the sport and firearms used to participate.

50 years of existence and many more of knowledge known by it's members as to
all types of "firearms, artillery, clothing" and probably recipes!

Please understand that we are in no way trying to dissuade you from joining us.

Base line for all of the N-SSA family is YOUR SAFETY AND OURS.

Respectfully,

James Whitehouse Sr, 5875V
Allegheny City Guards.