PDA

View Full Version : WTB - P1853 Enfield Rifle-Musket (aka 3 band)

Artilleryman
02-25-2020, 07:16 PM
We?re still a little over 3 months from the Spring Nationals but I thought I?d run a post with this request now. I am interested in purchasing a used P1853 Enfield Rifle-Musket. I have all he accessories and just am looking for the Rifle-Musket. Price can be negotiable for a used but not abused piece in good to very good condition. The piece can be defarbed or partially defarbed as well. I am open on that.

I would prefer to pick up at the Nationals and am in no hurry. Payment arrangements can also be worked out as well.

Let me know what you have. Thanks to all who apply.

Dave St John
Artilleryman

dougmichigan
02-26-2020, 11:55 AM
Check your PM. I have just what you're looking for.

dougmichigan
02-26-2020, 12:01 PM
See my post from a week ago:

Armisport 1853 3-Band Enfield ? Excellent Condition

Fully defarbed by Company Quartermaster. Wood and bluing is perfect. Rich Cross made and installed front and rear skirmish ready sights.Rear sight has three interchangeable inserts ? medium notch, fine notch andpeep. Has a SAC card. $550.00 includes shipping. Beautiful gun!

Photos avail. on that post. Gun was sold but funding did not come through.

Artilleryman
02-27-2020, 01:23 PM
The hunt continues for an Enfield Rifle-Musket.

keweenaw
02-27-2020, 02:52 PM
The hunt continues for an Enfield Rifle-Musket.

Hello. I have two originals. One is a Birmingham Small Arms trade P53, all original VERY shootable bore, great markings, even on the ramrod.

The other is a L.A.Co. (London Armory Co.) snider conversion that has an excellent bore, great markings everywhere. Would be an excellent candidate for a target barrel replacement. In my experience, the L.A.Co. guns were not as straight stocked as other enfields, and it made a good shooter for me with my fat cheek. On your off days, you could shoot the original barrel with brass cartridges which are available.

Artilleryman
02-27-2020, 03:56 PM
Sir:

Could you email me some pics of the BSA P53?

My email address is: warfaremil1952@yahoo.com.

Thanks

Dave

Hello. I have two originals. One is a Birmingham Small Arms trade P53, all original VERY shootable bore, great markings, even on the ramrod.

The other is a L.A.Co. (London Armory Co.) snider conversion that has an excellent bore, great markings everywhere. Would be an excellent candidate for a target barrel replacement. In my experience, the L.A.Co. guns were not as straight stocked as other enfields, and it made a good shooter for me with my fat cheek. On your off days, you could shoot the original barrel with brass cartridges which are available.

keweenaw
02-28-2020, 06:28 PM
Will get some pics over the weekend and send to you. Thanks

Trooper325
02-29-2020, 10:10 PM
See my post from a week ago:

Armisport 1853 3-Band Enfield ? Excellent Condition

Fully defarbed by Company Quartermaster. Wood and bluing is perfect. Rich Cross made and installed front and rear skirmish ready sights.Rear sight has three interchangeable inserts ? medium notch, fine notch andpeep. Has a SAC card. $550.00 includes shipping. Beautiful gun!

Photos avail. on that post. Gun was sold but funding did not come through.

Interested if you can send me apic

NVM saw the other thread. If it falls through I'm interested

keweenaw
03-01-2020, 01:12 PM
Will get some pics over the weekend and send to you. Thanks

Just sent you pictures of the Birmingham Small Arms trace P53 "enfield" to your email address. Let me know what you think. I will post on forum for sale if you are not interested. Thanks!

keweenaw
03-01-2020, 01:19 PM
Just sent you pictures of the Birmingham Small Arms trace P53 "enfield" to your email address. Let me know what you think. I will post on forum for sale if you are not interested. Thanks!

Trying to send these picts, but they refuse to leave my outbox. No error message of any kind. I will try to send them in a smaller chunk.

Artilleryman
03-01-2020, 02:52 PM
Trying to send these picts, but they refuse to leave my outbox. No error message of any kind. I will try to send them in a smaller chunk.

Got your pictures. Nice looking piece. What were you going to ask for it?

thanks

Dave