PDA

View Full Version : Question: You can start with any approved arm, correct?

Maillemaker
02-25-2020, 04:09 PM
I want to make sure I'm telling new folks correctly: You no longer need to start with musket, correct? Any approved arm will do, correct?

I've got a new guy interested who has a Remington NMA.

Steve

Southron Sr.
02-25-2020, 04:21 PM
One of the of the GREAT things about the N-SSA is that the association appeals to a wide variety of interests. There are Skirmishers that like to shoot muskets, or black powder revolvers, others enjoy the artillery competition, the "historical pageantry," etc.

So, sign the fella up so he can shoot in the revolver individual and team matches. After he has attended a few Skirmishes, he will probably want to buy a musket and carbine so he can compete in those matches.

Lou Lou Lou
02-25-2020, 04:43 PM
Yes. Start with any arm. Now any team match qualifies for participation. Used to be only musket

John Holland
02-25-2020, 07:18 PM
The only other issue may be with whatever Unit an individual joins. Many Units are particular in what they want you to participate in. This includes some Units that will still not permit a female to join!

John Holland
02-25-2020, 07:19 PM
The only other issue may be with whatever Unit an individual joins. Many Units are particular in what they want you to participate in. This includes some Units that will still not permit a female to join their group!

MR. GADGET
02-25-2020, 07:50 PM
This includes some Units that will still not permit a female to join their group!

Yep, have said for years that needs to change and be removed.....
It is wrong.

RaiderANV
02-25-2020, 08:00 PM
Only reason they don?t allow females is so they don?t get teased when the women kick there arses.

Mike McDaniel
02-25-2020, 08:25 PM
I want to make sure I'm telling new folks correctly: You no longer need to start with musket, correct? Any approved arm will do, correct?

I've got a new guy interested who has a Remington NMA.

Steve
Praise him for his good taste and sign him right up. I've long thought that trying to strong-arm people into shooting musket was a bad mistake, they are the most time-consuming gun to clean.