PDA

View Full Version : For Sale, Hall Percussion Rifle

Walter Jones
03-27-2008, 09:51 PM
M-1819 Hall percussion conversion rifle for sale. Excellent condition looks unfired. Mechanics are excellent. Bore is bright and crisp as the day it was made. Marked Harpers Ferry 1832 on breechblock. Stock is crisp with no cracks only a few handling marks. No cartouches as it never had any. Almost all original brown showing. Pictures are available upon request. $3400.00 plus $25.00 shipping.
Thanks for looking,
Walter
bojonestx@yahoo.com

Walter Jones
04-25-2008, 11:31 AM
Hello All,

As an interesting side note to this rifle, recently I purchased a copy of Joseph Bilby's book " A Revolution in Arms". In the process of reading the book I noticed the pictures used on page 33 was of a Hall's rifle. At the end of the caption it gave credit for the pictures as that of the Sharpsburg Arsenal out of Sharpsburg, Maryland. Perhaps it was intuition, and being as that is where I purchased my rifle from, it made me take a closer look. As it turns out, the close up shot in the lower left corner shows the "handling"marks exactly as they appear on my rifle. So I would venture to say it is the same rifle.
Anyway, I thought that was kind of neat.

I'll reduce the price to $3300.00 from $3400.00, if anyones interested in it.
Also, I would like to say as I am not a member and it appears you have had some trouble recently with unscruplous individuals, I have delt with Steve Sullivan on a number of occasions in the past. He is a member that frequents your board quite often. I am sure he would vouch for me. I would aslo like to say Steve is a top notch guy to deal with himself.
Lastly, I would like to thank the members of the N-SSA for allowing me, a non-member, for the use of your forum now and in the past. I can tell by reading this forum you guys are a credit to the shooting community.

Walter Jones

S.Sullivan
04-25-2008, 02:57 PM
I am no longer a member of the N-SSA, having joined the Medical Mess due to illness and age.
For what it is worth, Walter "Bo" Jones is one of the finest fellows I have never met. His goods are excellent and his service is as well. Shipping to and from Texas has never been easier and with less apprehension.
Without hesitation I would recommend him and anything he is selling, top shelf all the way.
This is an un-paid, un-policital endorsement.
Steve Sullivan
formerly 104th and 46th Illinois
#178-WR-02980, N-SSA

hawkeye
04-25-2008, 08:32 PM
I, to, would like to add my endorsement of "Bo" Jones as being an honest man to do business with. I have known him for a number of years and have skirmished with him frequently. I'm sure you couldn't go wrong in any dealing with him. Bill Knipscher #10825, Terry's Texas Rangers, NSSA

Walter Jones
02-17-2009, 12:56 PM
BTT

Muley Gil
02-18-2009, 12:06 PM
"I have delt with Steve Sullivan on a number of occasions in the past. He is a member that frequents your board quite often. I am sure he would vouch for me. I would aslo like to say Steve is a top notch guy to deal with himself. "

I'll second that!!

BTT