PDA

View Full Version : Question about Bedding of rifles

noonanda
01-26-2020, 08:49 PM
I see in the rulebook 19.11 it says "Composition bedding of barrels is permitted." Is that considered Glass bedding or something else?

jonk
01-26-2020, 11:55 PM
As you note there are many posts about it but for interested parties, composite generally refers to 'glass' yes; i.e. resin and epoxies. This is permitted minus for the currently defunct traditional match; though for a traditional approach period materials such as paper and natural tars and the like are often permitted in that kind of match. Not our traditional match but other similar matches for other organizations. Such materials would also be fine for NSSA use.

John Holland
01-27-2020, 12:30 PM
Daryl - When using any glass bedding compound do not forget the Releasing Agent!

noonanda
02-01-2020, 08:49 AM
Daryl - When using any glass bedding compound do not forget the Releasing Agent!
I use wax to coat the gun itself. I've bedded quite a few rifles to freefloat the barrels (modern rifles) and always do worry about the compound getting into an area that didnt get covered LOL

threepdr
02-18-2020, 10:47 PM
Are there any ordinary epoxys that can be used instead of the more expensive glass bedding kits?

The kits have gotten very expensive in the last few years.

noonanda
02-19-2020, 11:02 AM
Are there any ordinary epoxys that can be used instead of the more expensive glass bedding kits?

The kits have gotten very expensive in the last few years.

I have used the Harbor freight JB weld to bed centerfire bolt action rifles, bedding is still rock solid