PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Underhammer rifle for bench rest rifle project

keweenaw
01-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Greetings:

At the risk of running off on another wild a** project, looking for an underhammer rifle. Hopkins and Allen or Numrich is ok, or any other recently made version would be great. Not looking for originals unless they are good possible shooters. Please respond if you have one to sell, or trade with details. Have a number of things for possible trade. Have looked at all the usual auction sites. If you have a good bench shooter, would be interested.

If this is inappropriate in the N-SSA site, then please remove, and my apologies. Thanks

John Holland
01-09-2020, 05:07 PM
As a Moderator, I see no problems with your post or request!

ohio charlie
01-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Did you see this one?

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/851807089

keweenaw
01-09-2020, 08:37 PM
Saw that one. Looked on all the auction sites already. Thanks.

Ibgreen
01-10-2020, 08:23 AM
https://nchuntandfish.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-switch-barrel-2-45cals-billinghurst-underhammer-muzzleloader.44404/

keweenaw
01-10-2020, 09:55 PM
https://nchuntandfish.com/forums/index.php?threads/fs-switch-barrel-2-45cals-billinghurst-underhammer-muzzleloader.44404/

Was able to reach the seller. It was sold. Thanks anyway.

1Hawkeye
01-10-2020, 10:39 PM
Try Pecatonica long rifles they have the new and improved H & A under hammer actions and kits. I built 4 of them back when deercreek products made them 2 of which were .50 cal bench guns.

Kevin Tinny
01-11-2020, 07:27 AM
Hello:

I have four unused, 100% mint underhammer octagon profile heavy actions.
They are designed for large bench barrels.
The flats are 1.625" across. Each is for a thumbhole stock.

These are modern, Robert Morris designed, made by Webb Terry. Nothing better in any regard.

If we were talking cars, these would be Dusenbergs.

I am unable to attach photo's but can send if you provide email/phone.

Thanks,
Kevin Tinny

keweenaw
01-11-2020, 08:29 AM
Hello:

These are modern, Robert Morris designed, made by Webb Terry. Nothing better in any regard.

Thanks,
Kevin Tinny

PM sent with contact info.

keweenaw
01-25-2020, 11:14 PM
Hello:

Thanks,
Kevin Tinny

Kevin, thanks so much for your offer and the detailed information you provided. Unfortunately, i do not have a budget that would meet the excellent underhammers you described. Wish it were so.

I still would like to obtain an underhammer at a fair price if anyone has one. Thanks.

Muley Gil
01-26-2020, 03:57 PM
When I was a little 'un, my mama would take me to the Warren Clinic in Laurel MD, which was two doctor brothers and another doctor. There was always an American Rifleman issue or two in the waiting room. I remember seeing ads for the H&A underhammer rifles. They weren't what Davy and Dan'l carried, but they WERE muzzle loaders. I've never owned one, but I ain't dead yet either. :)