PDA

View Full Version : Front Sight Adjustment on Uberti Remington Navy

Tom
12-19-2019, 08:44 PM
I am not a handyman nor a gunsmith but I try. I recently bought a .36 Caliber Uberti Remington and it shoots to the left. The front sight is dove tailed. I tried to use a punch to move it but all I am doing is marring the front sight. It won't budge. I talked to a gunsmith friend. He said he did not think the front sight was soldered but I could heat it with a propane torch for a few minutes and some solder would ooze out if it was soldered in. I did that but nothing oozed out. While the area was warmed up I tried to move the front sight but nothing happened. Other than shooting to the left it is doing good.

Is this typical? Am I missing something? Suggestions would be appreciated.

george7542
12-20-2019, 08:25 PM
Tom I have recently purchased the same gun as you lucky mine doesnt need moved I didnt notice any sign of solder on the sight you may need to make a tool that will drift the sight like you would need for a modern pistol

pastore
12-21-2019, 09:12 AM
Tom I have recently purchased the same gun as you lucky mine doesnt need moved I didnt notice any sign of solder on the sight you may need to make a tool that will drift the sight like you would need for a modern pistol

I made a sight pusher for my revolver by modifying a sight pusher for an SKS. Easy fix.

Tom
12-21-2019, 01:36 PM
Fletcher & Jesses Thank you. I did some checking around to find a front sight adjustment tool that will work. I should be able to move it.