PDA

View Full Version : FS Garrett '63 Sharps Carbine

jbarber
05-03-2010, 06:16 PM
I got this carbine thinking that someday I'd replace my Smith with it. That was over ten years ago, and since that hasn't happened I guess I'll put on the market. The Garrett carbines are said to interchange parts-wise with the originals. Don't know if this is actually the case, but this gun really LOOKS original. Apparently an earlier owner scrubbed off the blue and the glossy stock finish. During the forty or so years of it's existence it has acquired a very light patina which makes it indistinguishable from an original - until you see the "Made in Italy" stamped into the barrel. This is the only repro with a functional Lawrence primer feed mechanism, which certainly enhances its original look. (Lotsa luck finding percussion discs for it!) The carbine is 100% mechanically and the bore is bright and the lands sharp. No lock issues. A tall front sight is as far as I got in my project. The gun comes with Lyman Xmas tree mould block, cleaning rod, sight protector, and soft case. The price is $800 firm + shipping. I believe this to be a very fair and quite reasonable price. I will have the gun at the 110th OVI skirmish at Pleasant Hill this weekend and at the Nationals - 110th OVI campsite.
Jon Barber 1483V, 110th OVI

Jim Brake 3587
05-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Give me a call...Jim Brake 540-450-7734

jbarber
05-03-2010, 09:47 PM
Garrett is sold pending funds.