PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Whitney navy Plymouth rifle

Steve Blancard
12-05-2019, 08:01 AM
I'm looking for a shooter grade .69 cal navy plymouth rifle. Complete and in good, solid condition. Not too concerned about bore condition as it will be used mostly for a living history impression. Thanks

Jack C., 69th NY
12-05-2019, 06:56 PM
Steve,
I have an "extra" Plymouth Navy rifle that I would sell if it is what you are looking for. It is dated 1864 and had been converted to a shotgun. The previous owner replaced the missing rear sight with a duplicate made by Richard Cross. The the barrel was relined to .69 cal. by Dan Whitacre. The two sling swivels had been removed but replaced.

I bought it last year only to have a team mate offer me a mint condition, custom built reproduction Plymouth. I had been admiring that particular rifle for years and could not say no. I do not need two. It has a SAC card.

I'll sell it for $1000., exactly what I paid for it. Where are you located? I hesitate to ship. You can do a search on this forum for "Plymouth". Prior owner posted 2 pictures last May.

It's a real nice rifle.

Jack Conway
Adjutant
69th NY

Steve Blancard
12-05-2019, 09:12 PM
Is that the rifle Matt Billy had? Funny, I saw that ad and asked him about it the other day. I'll pm you.