PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Spencer Carbine for Lincoln Conspirators Courtroom Museum

ColFission
11-27-2019, 05:49 PM
WTB: The Lincoln Conspirators Courtroom, located on Fort McNair(Old Washington Arsenal), Washington D.C. is looking or an original Spencer Carbine. It should be in original configuration but does not need to be a shooter, or even very functional. This will be on part of the museum artifacts that traces the Lincoln conspirators from the night of the assassination through their capture, trial and execution. Please PM if you have something that might be suitable.

Thank you

mgmradio
12-01-2019, 06:14 PM
PM sent.
Mike

mgmradio
12-05-2019, 08:40 AM
PM sent. Need your email address.

R. McAuley 3014V
12-30-2019, 12:32 PM
I don't know if anyone knows what happened to the Spencer carbine (#24,304) that Booth had when he was killed, but the carbine he had stashed at Lloyd's Tavern #34,617) is on display at Ford's Theater by the National Parks Service. I saw that Horse Soldier had one close to the first one, a #24,368 a couple of years ago, and Relicman had a #34,651. So maybe you can get lucky and find one with a close serial number to either of the ones associated with Booth.

devisser
01-15-2020, 09:54 AM
I have a early Spencer Carbine (S/N 12484) This was part of the first shipment of Spencer carbines to the government. It has been converted to 50 cal by the government and I converted it to centerfire for skirmishing. (I have to original rim fired block and other parts.) Also included is RCBS reloading dies & shell holder with about 100 + brass cases. The carbine does except Starline brass. Good barrel - no pitting. It might of been issued to a Ill. regiment as most early Spencer carbine were shipped to the western cavalry units. Will send pictures and con deliver if near upstate NY. I have no documentation as s/n were not officially recorded. $2,000 for everything..