PDA

View Full Version : M-i-s-s-i-s-i-p-p-i

WBR10654
10-28-2019, 06:56 PM
So I have a original Mississippi with the fixed rear sight.

I am going to see this barrel up to shoot at 50 Yards but was wondering is all I had to do was drop another barrel on it with the long Range Site and it would be legal.

Ya, I know little about Mississippi's.

But I like the gun and would like it as a backup.

DPB

P.Altland
10-28-2019, 08:59 PM
Depends on what version you are altering it to. You need to decide that first.

John Holland
10-29-2019, 11:27 AM
David - The easiest drop-in long range sighted barrel combination for your original M-1841 Rifle would be what the N-SSA identifies as the "Mounted Infantry" type. Using an original arm as the base all you will have to do is get another M-1841 barrel in 0.54" caliber, add a Harper's Ferry M-1855 Rifle long range rear sight which is graduated "1,2,3,4,5" on the sidewall, and a Harper's Ferry M-1855 Rifle front sight. Remember, the barrel must be in 0.54" caliber, and once this is done you will be required to get the arm inspected with the new barrel, for which you will receive a SAC Individual Approval Card.

If you would like a copy of the SAC Inspection/Build sheet for this version just send me an email using the address shown for me in "The Skirmish Line".

Muley Gil
10-29-2019, 12:57 PM
You left out an "s" in Mississippi. :D

WBR10654
10-29-2019, 03:51 PM
You are always so good to me John.

See you in the Spring.

DPB

David - The easiest drop-in long range sighted barrel combination for your original M-1841 Rifle would be what the N-SSA identifies as the "Mounted Infantry" type. Using an original arm as the base all you will have to do is get another M-1841 barrel in 0.54" caliber, add a Harper's Ferry M-1855 Rifle long range rear sight which is graduated "1,2,3,4,5" on the sidewall, and a Harper's Ferry M-1855 Rifle front sight. Remember, the barrel must be in 0.54" caliber, and once this is done you will be required to get the arm inspected with the new barrel, for which you will receive a SAC Individual Approval Card.

If you would like a copy of the SAC Inspection/Build sheet for this version just send me an email using the address shown for me in "The Skirmish Line".

WBR10654
10-29-2019, 03:53 PM
I cannt Speeel.

Eight (8) years of College wasted.

Funny part is I can tell if a word is misspelled, I just cannot tell you how to fix it.

Thank goodnesss for Speeel Cheeeker.

DPB

You left out an "s" in Mississippi. :D