PDA

View Full Version : Looking for information on 2nd gen Colt Black Powder series

Randall
10-24-2019, 05:59 PM
If this is the wrong area to post this let me know and I'll move it.

Is there a source for information about the year of manufacture for the Colt 2nd Generation Black Powder series pistols? I have what I believe is the entire series that they offered in cased sets that I'll be offering for sale soon and was wanting to gather some information about them before selling the collection. These are not the Signature series that was offered at a later time. I was hoping that one of the members would be able to direct me in the right direction for the information that I need. This site has been a wealth of knowledge for me over the years and wish that I was physically able to attend some of the meets. Thanks in advance.

Maillemaker
10-28-2019, 09:48 AM
I just recently picked up a 2nd Gen pocket police. I'd like to know about the serial numbers also.

Steve

Bruce Cobb 1723V
10-28-2019, 01:32 PM
Have you contacted " Colt "?

Randall
10-29-2019, 10:45 PM
Hi Bruce,

I did get a response from another member that indicated that Colt will do that but said there was a "fee" for their services. I found a link to a website that claims to have the series numbers but I couldn't access the site. I think it's a software issue with my computer. If I can locate it again I'll share the link on this thread.

threepdr
11-02-2019, 08:55 AM
Colt considers 2nd Generation guns to be "real" Colts and keeps serial number data. Like any other Colt, they will gladly sell you a Factory Letter for $150. They don't keep records on the 3rd Gen "Signature Series" Colt revolvers.