PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Lorenz ??

Steve Weems
10-14-2019, 04:53 PM
Have the new Pedersoli Lorenz been showing up on the skirmish lines? If so how are they doing?

John.Hayes
10-14-2019, 08:34 PM
Mine hasn't, the sear nose broke off at the beginning of my third practice session with it. The first two practices produced good groups, which were high even with the taller front sight installed. Waiting for Uncle Pierangelo to send a new sear now. jh

MR. GADGET
10-15-2019, 07:22 AM
That has been the problem with DP.
It is very hard to find and get parts.
If the gun goes down it is out for some time.

threepdr
10-16-2019, 10:26 AM
I have one and have been pleased with it. The mainspring was rather weak was my only complaint. I called Taylor's where I bought it and they relayed my issue to Pedersoli. I had a new mainspring in hand within 7 days, shipped from Italy.

John.Hayes
11-21-2019, 01:19 AM
After seven weeks of e-mailing Taylor's I was given someone to e-mail at Pedersoli. They were quick to respond. They sent the parts I asked for, sear, sear spring, and tumbler from Italy on the 15th.Theprts were waiting o me when got home from wok today. Now to put them in their places. jh

Des
11-22-2019, 10:13 AM
Over the past couple of years I have had to get parts for one of my Pedersoli's ( I have 4). Twice I have contacted them by direct email to Italy. They responded within 24 hours confirming my mailing address and in less than a week the parts were at my door. There were no charges made to me for this. Now that is a company that has customer service! Some US companies could learn a thing or two from Pedersoli.

Mike McDaniel
11-22-2019, 11:23 AM
Contacting Pedersoli directly would be my advice, too. I've had pretty good luck going direct to the European companies.

John.Hayes
11-26-2019, 08:38 PM
I went to put the parts in their places and found the hole in the new sear is smaller than the hole in the old one. I tried to make it work, but no joy. E-mailed Pedersoli again, got an "oops" and Uncle Pierangelo says more parts are on the way. jh

skates
12-05-2019, 12:03 AM
Contacting Pedersoli directly would be my advice, too. I've had pretty good luck going direct to the European companies.
How did you manage to do that?

MR. GADGET
12-05-2019, 10:27 AM
How did you manage to do that?

Just send them an email.
They were really good about getting back and information on guns or partz.

John.Hayes
12-05-2019, 09:34 PM
I drilled the hole out to a larger size, but it was too large (clearly metric). The lock would not work satisfactorily. I e-mailed Uncle Pierangelo's elves and they sent more parts and a note that the sear had been reengineered. They sent the new sear and screw. The screw is too small to engage the threads in the lockplate, so I stopped again and sent them an e-mail this afternoon. They have been very responsive so far, just no luck getting the gun back up and running yet. Stay tuned..... jh

John.Hayes
12-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Uncle Pierangelo's elf lost my e-mail and responded with an apology after I sent a reminder a week later. Elf approved of my suggestion for me to take the sear by a machine shop and have them drill out the hole to the correct metric size. I did so and reassembled the lock tonight. All seems to be well. The hammer be haves as it should. Now to test out my new taaaalllllll sight. jh