PDA

View Full Version : WTS / WTT Belgian Model 1842 Rifled Musket

apriestley
10-13-2019, 02:01 PM
*SOLD* is a very good condition Belgian Model 1842 Minie Rifle in the French back action pattern. Originally built as a smooth bore, this was rifled out to about a .70 caliber and has a simple block rear sight. Wood and metal are all in excellent shape. Bore is relatively bright with very visible lands and groves, no pitting. Barrel bands are all very bright and barrel retains an untouched, even patina. French walnut stock has some very nice grain. Currently has a replacement nipple, the original was pretty burnt out but will be included. These rifles originally had low half cock (to the point of it being pretty much useless) and the replacement Springfield pattern nipple is slightly taller than the original so that the hammer never gets low enough for it to engage. You could get a shorter cone or put the original back on, but this one has worked fine for me so I never bothered. It would be tough to improve on the overall condition of this rifled musket.

Asking $SOLD Always open to trades as well. Rifle will be cross posted across a couple of forums.

Please see link to full gallery HERE: https://imgur.com/a/9KDkHsi

KDMEEK
12-31-2019, 11:28 AM
Is this still available?

apriestley
12-31-2019, 11:29 AM
Is this still available?

Sorry it is sold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk