PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Mod Maynard barrels and other stuff for sale at Nat'ls

John Bly
09-30-2019, 09:12 AM
I'll have two new 2nd Model Maynard barrels for sale at Nat'ls. One is in the white for $440 and one is rust blued for $490. Both have sights and are ready to shoot. I'll also have several of the dies to cut the wings off RWS 4 wing percussion caps to make wingless caps. They are $125 ea and come with complete instructions for set-up and use. I have several forend extensions for '61/'63 artillery muskets and Mississippi rifles. They are $60 each. These will be in Yeck's place. I'm on one of the host teams so will only be around in the evenings but Bruce will be there ready and willing to sell. I have increased the capacity to display firearms in the booth so bring them in for consignment sales.

WBR10654
09-30-2019, 06:47 PM
I'll have two new 2nd Model Maynard barrels for sale at Nat'ls. One is in the white for $440 and one is rust blued for $490. Both have sights and are ready to shoot. I'll also have several of the dies to cut the wings off RWS 4 wing percussion caps to make wingless caps. They are $125 ea and come with complete instructions for set-up and use. I have several forend extensions for '61/'63 artillery muskets and Mississippi rifles. They are $60 each. These will be in Yeck's place. I'm on one of the host teams so will only be around in the evenings but Bruce will be there ready and willing to sell. I have increased the capacity to display firearms in the booth so bring them in for consignment sales.

Just what is a "
forend extensions for '61/'63 artillery muskets"?

I ask because I have an 1864 Artillery Musket that is 1.5 inchs short.

I have not a clue if what you are selling is what I would need or if it is something completely different...

DPB

John Bly
09-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Dave, it is a piece of wood cut to the proper contour with the barrel inlet and reductions at the bands used to restore a musket with cut off wood. The repair is generally made at the rear band as the appearance is generally much better if made this way. Got it?