PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY AVAILABLE: Correct .69 cal. cartridge tubes!!

04-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Do you shoot a .69 cal. musket or rifle? Have you ever wished you could get those plastic tubes to hold powder and bullet like everyone uses for their .58 cal. muskets? Now you can!

I have tried the soft vinyl tubes, but I have found them to be too sticky, and too fat. The LDPE tubes are so much better because they have a much thinner wall thickness, so they don't take up nearly as much room as the vinyl ones, and they are not sticky at all, so they slide completely easily out of your cartridge box when you reach for them. And even better yet, they don't have the flange on the bottom edge (which almost everyone cuts off anyway) so they fit better in your cartridge box and don't grab against each other. But for people who like that flange, I found the same type that do have it.

I have been looking for these for over two years, ever since I got my first .69 cal. rifle. Every sutler told me that nobody makes then in this size; only in .58 and .75. They were wrong!

If anyone is looking to buy some of these, you can contact me. I'll also be at the Nationals in May. I'll post a picture of these tonight. The cost is $10 per hundred (cheaper than the vinyl ones).

04-29-2010, 03:34 PM
People have been asking me if these will work with round balls for smoothbore. The 0.678 round balls fit nicely. They slide gently into the mouth of the tube, but don't slip all the way to the bottom. The Minies fit nicely past the first driving band, so they fit securely, but you don't have to struggle to get them out.
So, they are great for rifles or smoothbores.