PDA

View Full Version : Colot Signature Series Special Musket with Romano barrel for sale

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-20-2019, 08:00 AM
For sale is a Colt Signature Series Special musket with a Romano barrel. This is my only 3 band skirmish musket and I need to focus on shooting my 2 banders, so I am selling this one. The gun has a skirmish open sight that is set for 50 and 100 yards. The front sight is dovetailed and locked down with solder. It can be adjusted if you heat the solder. I shot the Hodgdon bullet in this gun sized .575" with 42.8 grains of Goex 3f. With the longer sight radius, the front sight picture is outstanding. I didn't like the original rifling so I asked Larry Romano if he could reline it. He said that it would be better just to use the breech and put a new barrel in it, which he did. The gun is a great shooter. Trigger pull is abut 3.5 pounds. I have only shot the gun a few times in the past couple of years since I got it back from Larry R. and it should be in the hands of someone who can use it in competition. I don't think that there is one ding on the stock. The barrel is finished bright, but I have aged it slightly to reduce glare, You can easily get it back to armory bright if you prefer. I am asking $1,000 for this completely set up, competition gun I will have it at the Fall Nationals/