PDA

View Full Version : wtb smith carbine

tfirth44
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
Im a fairly new skirmisher. right now i only have a zoli zouave but want to start shooting carbine. id like to know if anyone has a smith they would like to sell or know where i could get one. also any advice about the smith would be greatly appreciated. forgot to mention one thing... im on a budget. i know its gonna be hard to find a smith cheap but even if it needs work i can handle that. thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it.

Wayne R. Weinert
04-25-2010, 09:15 PM
I have an original Smith Carbine Ser.#209XX. Overall condition is good. Locks up tight. Bore is excellent My guess is that it has been relined. However, the muzzle shows no sign that it was relined. The wood shows original use - but is very sound. $1400. if interested contact me for pictures. Wayne Weinert - myforest@volcano.net

Bill Jefford, 1511V
04-26-2010, 06:25 AM
Not beautiful, but very functional...Original cavalry carbine of Smith's patent,50 caliber.
Used on three National winning carbine teams . Send e-mail for pictures and your questions. $950 plus shipping or pick up at nationals.
Bill Jefford, 1511V, 117EN, NSSA

dwighthathaway
04-26-2010, 11:30 PM
Im a fairly new skirmisher. right now i only have a zoli zouave but want to start shooting carbine. id like to know if anyone has a smith they would like to sell or know where i could get one. also any advice about the smith would be greatly appreciated. forgot to mention one thing... im on a budget. i know its gonna be hard to find a smith cheap but even if it needs work i can handle that. thanks for all the suggestions, really appreciate it.

I have an original 1858 Smih Carbine I used to shoot when I was a member many years ago. It still in good shooting condition. Not sure of its value? Let me know your thoughts. Email to dwight@bendallgroup.com

terry g walsh
04-30-2010, 09:39 PM
I replied once before, but not sure it went. I have a Smith carbine. I used it a couple of seasons. Accurate. Skirmish ready, trigger work, raised front sight, "deburred", etc. EC. Lee mold, plastic tubes (50 are unused). I have about $900 in it, need $650 firm. I switched to a Parker Hale. tgwalsh@dhs.name. 67th PA. Will be at Nationals Fri/Sat

stuffy25thia
04-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Track of the Wolf has two listed for sale, plus a Maynard, made by Romano.
http://www.trackofthewolf.com/index.asp ... ort=1&as=1 (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/index.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1&as=1)
Look under updates.

tfirth44
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
thanks guys for all the suggestions. i picked up a yeck smith from a team member. now all i need is everything to go with it. if anyone has a mold and tubes they would like to sell let me know how much.