PDA

View Full Version : brass

bilge water bob
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
Question; does the n-ssa allow the use of brass framed revlovers in period caliber? ie '51 colt navy, with absolutly no markings on it besides the serial number (#17) or a brass framed '58 remington.

thank you in advance. BWB

John Holland
08-08-2008, 12:31 AM
With the exception of the "Witlow Precision Co. Lee Model Revolver" (which is a brass framed Remington) all revolvers must be a replica of an original in both frame composition and caliber.

You can follow a link off the Home Page to a list of "Production Approved Arms".

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

Mike w/ 34th
08-08-2008, 01:20 AM
Bob, what's the barrel shape on the brass-frame Colt? Is it perhaps the Navy Arms "Griswold & Gunnison" model? Is the brass frame Remington really a Spiller & Burr? I know the G&G is permitted.

Cheers,

Mike

bilge water bob
08-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Mike, It's a '51 colt navy copy, no makers mark or distributors markings of any kind. The only mark it has is "17" stamped on the cylinder, frame and barrel. It's an octagonal barrel with a square back triiger gaurd. It's a very pretty gun, I just had it gone over by my gunsmith, and it is .36 cal. and UNfired, the steel is in the white with a brass frame, case harded loading lever, trigger and hammer. I'll bring it sunday.

thanks for the help, Bob