PDA

View Full Version : The Long Island Boy's

skirmisher67longisland
08-23-2019, 06:50 PM
Hello Fellow Skirmishers,
My name is Dave Moglia and I've been skirmishing since 1986, been around the campfire as long as I can remember. I am with the 67th New York Vols. and have been living on Long Island my whole life. After 8 years of research and writing I've finally completed and published a book on the history of the 67th, who were known by their comrades as "The Long Island Boy's" which is the title of the work. It tracks the regiments history from its very earliest days through the end of the war and beyond. The book is available on Amazon. com. You can type "Long Island Boys" in search bar or you can click on the following link if you are interested in checking it out.
https://www.amazon.com/Long-Island-Boys-Volunteer-Infantry/dp/1687606080/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=the+long+island+boys+paperback&qid=1566600501&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Its also available on Kindle which is free if you order the paperback. I'm new at all this publishing stuff, but so far there haven't been any problems. I also plan to bring some copies down to fall nationals. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Thank you in advance for any all support.
Dave

John Holland
08-23-2019, 07:24 PM
What is your price at the Nationals, where are you camped, and when will you be there?

I can guarantee two sales already!

skirmisher67longisland
08-24-2019, 10:38 AM
Hi and Thanks for the support! I will be down at Nationals Friday evening sometime, I have to work. We are camped in area 4 creekside 67th NYVI. When you see the red Greek cross (VI corps) thats us. I'm contemplating getting a booth at Sutler but not firm at the moment. Cost $10 a copy. Thanks again.

John Holland
08-24-2019, 12:24 PM
Thanks! Do you mean Friday of the National, October 4th?

skirmisher67longisland
08-30-2019, 07:57 AM
yes I will be there Friday late

Gary Vikar
09-04-2019, 09:36 AM
Congrats on the book. My daughter has self published 7 books on amazon. Both as a on demand hard copy and a kindle copy. The profit is in the kindle version. Her first book made her 46K in the first year. Needless to say Uncle Sam nailed her for capital gains tax. It was ugly. If you have a tax consultant and the books looks like a good seller. Talk to him. Good luck on you new adventure in publishing.