PDA

View Full Version : New Model 1859 Orgional

Mick M
06-05-2019, 08:03 PM
I have a New Model 1859 carbine original for sale and I need some help. I asking for advice as how to price it and the best way to sell it. All comments will be appreciated. Thanks

Des
06-05-2019, 09:01 PM
Pictures make it much easier

MR. GADGET
06-06-2019, 08:35 AM
This section is for use as wanted or For Sale only.
Question and information are best placed in the other section of the forum.

You would need to post all the info on the gun, pictures, details, price and location or shipping info if you want to keep it here.

Eggman
06-06-2019, 10:30 AM
So now that Mick has been duly chastised, a useful answer would be, after logging in, enter 1859 Sharps in the search window above next to that little magnifying glass and study all the transactions that have occurred over the past few years in regard to your gun to get an idea of value, format, etc., etc. Then post some good photos of your gun along with a very detailed description including dings, bore condition etc., and ASKING PRICE.

Mick M
06-11-2019, 08:10 PM
Thanks for all for your replies. My problem is that I don't know if this rifle is worth $500 or $5,000. What I was looking for is some help in the searching process whether it be within this forum or outside.. I have been looking at your forums and so far haven't seen any info which has been of some help. Possibly I have been doing something wrong in formatting my search which caused the lack of pertinent information. Searching on "Sharps New Model 1859" has not been of help. So, I guess I will have look elsewhere. Thanks again.

bobanderson
06-12-2019, 06:54 AM
Way to chase him away guys.

Ron The Old Reb
06-12-2019, 08:40 AM
Mike
Don't leave discouraged
Here is a web page that may help you out. It has list of book that can help you determin the value of you sharps.
http://www.nramuseum.org/gun-info-research/what's-my-gun-worth.aspx

​There are NSSA members who are collectors beside skirmishers on this board who are more then willing to help you out. I am not a collector myself but a few pictures can help. Condition is a key factor and if you know the history of the gun helps also. Over the years I have seen some real junk bring ridicules prices and some nice ones go cheap, some of it depends how bad someone wants it. Post some pictures I am sure someone will respond. A lot of people are not on here all the time so it may take a little time.

Ron

MR. GADGET
06-12-2019, 02:16 PM
Time to lock this one.
There was no information, pictures or details given in order to help.

Mick,
please feel free to post in the other section and give some details along with pictures and I know several people will help you.

Charlie Hahn
06-12-2019, 02:43 PM
PM sent

Charlie Hahn

Mick M
06-17-2019, 09:01 AM
Thanks to Charlie Hahn. He sent me a private message which was of great help. I sent back to him the info he requested. He then replied with very solid details about my gun and how to proceed in selling the gun. If it hadn't been for Charlie I still would be dead in the water without a solid plan to move forward. And that is what I was looking for. I do need to do some homework to help me determine a price and at that time I'll move forward. However, I have come to the conclusion that this rifle will make a very fine addition to a serious collector.