PDA

View Full Version : identifing carbine??

rampa_room_artillery
03-26-2008, 07:13 PM
I have just bought a carbine that is made by zoli,
looks just like a zouava, but just as long as my musketoon.

what is it?? is it legal to shoot? 58 cal.

rick
ODD
3rd va.[/img]

pastore
03-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Back in the early 70's Zoli sold a version of the Zouave they called ,I think, the hunters model. I beleive it had checkering on the wrist of the stock.

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
03-26-2008, 08:14 PM
Not Legal for NSSA use.

Phil

rampa_room_artillery
03-26-2008, 08:45 PM
well, he said he bought it in the 70's but there is no checkering. i will check with my regional small arms inspector, well the parts are worth it for 90 bucks. i can at least part the gun out if i cant shoot it.

Edwin Flint, 8427
03-27-2008, 05:31 PM
I had one of the Shortened Zouave's Zoli made. Essentially, the story I was told by a rep was this: Lots of folks liked the Zoli and it shot great. They didn't like the weight while hunting. One of the importer's asked Zoli to create a carbine length version for the hunter market. He said somewhere between 500-1000 of these were made. Mine shoots great. When I first started, I bought it as a back carbine for my Smith. Loaned it to a teammate who used it for a couple of skirmishes until we found out it wasn't legal.

rampa_room_artillery
03-29-2008, 05:40 PM
what is the going price for one of these zouava carbines if i was to see it???

RaiderANV
04-02-2008, 03:54 PM
I sold a mint one 2 years ago for $450 to someone who wanted it for hunting only. This one was still in the box and unfired. They were in the 70's but not by request. Zoli over produced them and saw in a few articles that hunters were useing the full sized "Zouaves" and only complaint was the weight. So Zoli got a few people to unload the reconfigured muskets in America.

You'll see prices on them between lil' or nut'n up to $350 used. Most I've seen go around $250 in average condition. They shoot great.

And as Phil said they are NOT legal in the N-SSA as they are a toy that never was.