PDA

View Full Version : Ron Scott Mule Ear Half Stock Hawken Bill Large Barrel .47 cal

medbill
04-11-2019, 11:23 PM
$1550 plus actual shipping

Selling my beautiful unsigned Ron Scott custom made half stock Hawken style percussion rifle with a mule ear lock and a 34 3/16" long and a little over an inch wide W.M. Large (Bill Large) barrel stamped W.M.Large, J.J.J.J. "L". I was told the "L"is the designation for his match grade barrels. Ron Scott confirmed building this rifle and of course it was built VERY well on a real pretty piece of wood. Bore is bright and the rest of the rifle is in great shape with a few minor bumps etc in the wood from use and two holes drilled/threaded in the tang for a tang sight. Color of metal on tang where sight was a little different. Comes with a Lyman .465 round ball mold that came with the rifle. I never mic'd the bore but it was sold to me as a .47 cal, I've also never had the barrel out of the stock. For some reason there is a small screw holding the wooden ramrod in place through the trigger guard. Selling a lot of my collection to live in the place of dreams in retirement. Buyer pays the actual shipping/ins. Payment by US Postal MO or bank cashiers check, visa or mastercard accepted +4% to total through my ffl dealer. Please make sure this is legal for you to own in your municipality. If you live close enough by I'd be happy to meet you in person halfway if you throw me a $20 for gas tolls. Could also make arrangements to bring down to the Fort.