PDA

View Full Version : Brass Mounted Harpers Ferry Rifle for Sale

Gary Morgan
04-11-2010, 06:20 PM
This is my last shooter as I have no more time for skirmishing. It has won several medals and is capable of one inch groups at 50 yards with a semi-wadcutter. It is a model 1855 Brass Mounted Harpers ferry 2Band rifle with a Yeck barrel and was made by Ed Zaluski (so Im told). The Browned barrel is stamped "Yeck" on the underneath and it has a harmon lock with workable door. Many have told me it was an original lock but I know it isn't. The stock is original up to the middle band and joined at the band. Cartouche is still visible. It is equipped with a long range sight (not sure of the maker) and It comes with a Lyman wadcutter mold, .575 sizing die, and sling .The only problem is I never got a SAC card and have not been to a skirmish in a while to get one due to increasing demands from my job. The Lockplate is stamped 1860 and Harpers Ferry. It may need to be restamped or replaced but everything else is excellent. I will consider all reasonable offers. I got it in 1997 for $850 and have been to many skirmishes with it and it has always done well. I would like to get something similar to allow me to sell and ship. At this price you could address any authenticity issues and still have a superb shooter with a reasonable investment. If your seriousely interested, send me a PM and I can send you some photos. This is a special rifle and will do well for a steady hand. Please send PM to loflyr55@yahoo.com

Gary Morgan
04-12-2010, 07:32 PM
Rifle is sold pending funds