PDA

View Full Version : Remington trigger pull

newtekpa
04-02-2019, 11:39 AM
Recently acquired a Pedersoli 1858 revolver. Should be a good shooter but, trigger pull comes in at 1.3 lbs.

Any recommendations for getting the pull up to the NSSA 2 lb limit.

Thanks in advance

TJ

Jim_Burgess_2078V
04-02-2019, 12:17 PM
Tom,

First, make sure the screw holding the trigger/cylinder stop spring is tight. If that isn't the problem you may need to replace the spring. Too much lubrication on the trigger sear and/or hammer might also contribute to a light pull.

Jim Burgess, 15th CVI

Des
04-02-2019, 01:37 PM
There is a screw in the front strap of the grip. That screw puts tension on the main spring. You should be able to turn the screw in to increase trigger pull. Some times people get a little crazy to lighten trigger pull and back that screw out. Pedersoli's are well made revolvers and I bet that should solve your problem.
If that is not possible recommend that you have someone inspect the the revolver. Hopefully someone didn't grind down the mainspring to get the light trigger.

Mike McDaniel
04-02-2019, 02:35 PM
No, that gun was NIB. The issue is that the MLAIC rules don't have a minimum trigger pull requirement.

TJ: I'd try a "helper spring" attached to the trigger guard on the inside. Set it up to push directly on the sear, not the middle of the sear spring. An epee tip spring (order from a fencing supply house like Triplette Competition Arms) should do the trick...and is cheap enough to fiddle with. Buy a dozen.

Des
04-02-2019, 05:52 PM
My pedersoli was new in the box and had to adjust screw in to get legal trigger

newtekpa
04-04-2019, 10:25 AM
Thanks Mike, ordered the springs, I'll let you know how I make out.

TJ

Eggman
04-04-2019, 12:28 PM
This might be a good place to add -- DO NOT mess with the full cock notch on the hammer.

Mike McDaniel
04-04-2019, 01:39 PM
TJ:
The other option would be to put an "L" shaped shim under the sear spring where it contacts the sear.