PDA

View Full Version : WTS: original Fayetteville parts gun

bones92
02-06-2019, 03:32 PM
I had visions of having a restoration done with a new barrel, but I believe this is best put into the hands of someone who has more time and know-how to do so.

Original Fayetteville stock, trigger and lock, with the rear band. Missing front band and nosecap.

Lock is in rough shape...I cannot read any markings, though I think with soaking in Kroil and very careful cleaning some markings may show up, but I could be wrong.

The main spring is quite strong, though the hammer does not cock (missing or broken sear, I assume). I can remove the front lockplate screw but the rear one is not budging, so I can't get a photo of the lock internals.

The barrel seems to be from a Mississippi Rifle. Someone bent the hammer to accommodate the nipple position, broke it and brazed it back on. The bore is a sewer pipe, so I count the barrel as largely a paper weight.

The stock is actually quite decent for its age. There are some minor cracks that can be stabilized, I believe. Bottom line, I think the stock could still be used on a functional rifle-musket.

Interestingly, it's just an hour's drive to where the CSA at Fayetteville once stood.

Asking $550 shipped in CONUS (or best reasonable offer). If I'm off on value, let me know.

bones92
02-06-2019, 03:36 PM
More photos...

John Holland
02-08-2019, 11:17 PM
Bones92 - I will take your offer, thank you! PM sent!

bones92
02-09-2019, 02:00 PM
John, PM me. Thanks!