PDA

View Full Version : Romano Rifle company?

John Wells 3rd US
04-05-2010, 10:56 PM
I noticed Larry Romano's website disappeared in the last week or two. Anybody know any news? Hope nothing's wrong.

RangerFrog
04-05-2010, 11:22 PM
I asked the same question about a week or so ago and was told that he had somehow let his domain name lapse and was having to go through reestablishing it. Regardless, he is still alive and well and working in Pennelville, NY as of Saturday when he and I had a long chat about stock finish repair on my First Model and other interests. He is, as always, loaded up with orders, and it took leaving a message and him calling me back because he was rifling barrels and didn't hear the phone when I called. As always, Larry was great to talk with and most generous with his time and advice.

Froggie

Two Flints
04-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Hi,

Larry's web site does seem to be down. Maybe calling him directly would be the best way to find out what's going on. His Email address is Romanorifle@msn.com.

I spoke to Larry a week or so ago and it seems that he neglected to renew his web site "domain listing" and his "name" was sold to another individual or organization. I'm not sure why that all happened or what was involved. But, according to Larry, he is trying to buy his "domain name" back and place his web site back on the Internet.

For those of you who may be interested. He is still making Romano Spencer Rifles and Carbines. But, be advised, there is a long wait time from order to delivery.

L Romano Rifle
551 Stewarts Corners Rd, Pennellville, NY 13132-3234

p: 315 695 2066

Two Flints
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator

Mike w/ 34th
04-13-2010, 11:32 PM
I hate those domain squatters who swipe your domain as soon as it lapses. I've got some jerk squatting on my domain name now. It ought to be illegal.