PDA

View Full Version : Euroarms enfield rifle

B P Shooter
01-29-2019, 01:43 PM
I have a chance to purchase a Euroarms 3 band enfield stamped London Armory on the lock plate.

Is this the same thing as a Parker Hale and is it legal for shooting in our compettions?

navillus
01-29-2019, 02:16 PM
I recently also purchased a 3-Band Euroarms Parker Hale enfield. It is not a true Parker Hale but a copy of the British Parker Hale. The rule book lists the Euroarms Parker hale as legalto shoot in the N-SSA.

By the way, How much did you pay, and what shape is it in?

Maillemaker
01-29-2019, 03:48 PM
I believe Euroarms copied PH. Some of the internal lock components have P-H on them copied as they were cast. I'm sure others here can provide the full history of the evolution of the reproduction Enfield.

In any case, the Euroarms P53 is not a Parker Hale P53, but it is an approved arm.

The approved arms list is here:

http://www.n-ssa.org/s/SAC-Approved-Arms-2018.pdf

Euroarms of America is on page 31.

Steve

John Holland
01-29-2019, 05:33 PM
The information you have received on the Euro-Arms P-53 being approved for use in the N-SSA is correct. Although they are much heavier than a Parker-Hale P-53, they are quite accurate if you work up a proper load.

B P Shooter
01-29-2019, 09:05 PM
Thanks for the quick responses. And to you John Holland for further clarification.

I looked at the rifle this evening and might purchase it tomorrow night.

ChrisWBR
01-30-2019, 03:40 PM
I can tell you that the 2 Band version is very accurate. Shot one for years. Found it worked extremely well with the P-H shallow based mould and about 45 gr of 3F. I still shoot mine, it's now over 40 years old.