PDA

View Full Version : Looking To Purchase Original Ames Sabers/Swords For My Collection

Unionboy Mike
01-23-2019, 02:15 PM
I hope this post is allowed as it is not your normal Musket/Rifle post. I am looking to add 3 Civil War Era Ames Sabers/Swords to my collection. They must be manufactured by Ames. They also must be of the years 1860 - 1863. Nothing after 1863 please. The saber's that I am looking to purchase are as follows.

#1 Ames 1840 Heavy Artillery (1861 - 1863)
#2 Ames Artillery (1861 - 1863)
#3 1860 Ames Cavalry (1860 - 1863)

These above saber's must be a #8 on a scale of 1 -10 with 10 being the best. They must also have every component present. The leather must be in good condition with the braiding neatly wrapped around the handle. It is just as important that the scabbard is in the same overall condition. I am not looking for a Museum Piece but something that is consistent to my other items in my collection. I like everything to show its age. Please send me pics along with your asking price. I also prefer to have a contact number to reach you, as emails are only good to a certain point. Thank you in advance.

Mike

Muley Gil
01-23-2019, 03:31 PM
I sold a CW sword here a few years back. Your ad should be no problem.

MR. GADGET
01-23-2019, 03:35 PM
Mike
What kind of price range you looking to stay into.
I should.have #3 in my safe, all intact and very nice shape, wire wrap is a little loosened from leather shrinking some.
Just want to know before I go digging for it.

BTW you ad is fine.

Unionboy Mike
01-23-2019, 05:12 PM
I am sending you a PM now.

Mike
What kind of price range you looking to stay into.
I should.have #3 in my safe, all intact and very nice shape, wire wrap is a little loosened from leather shrinking some.
Just want to know before I go digging for it.

BTW you ad is fine.