PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Lorenz FINALLY!!

wcameron
01-14-2019, 04:24 PM
After almost loosing my religion I think I've found an accurate, consistent load for this rifle. After trying many powders and loads I found that Olde Eynsford 1.5F works really well. Off the bench at 50 yards with a consistent sight picture ( my eyes aren't what they use to be) groups clover leaf. I'm using the Moose Mould Lorenz Wilkenson 548-410 sized to 547 with Tom Crones sizer, and Jackie's lube. The rifle having a 1-78 twist I was trying fast powder which did not work. The rifle now is skirmish ready. Thanks for the imput guys.
Wayne Cameron
1st Stuart Horse Artillery

Maillemaker
01-15-2019, 09:05 AM
Great news!

Steve

threepdr
01-15-2019, 09:58 AM
Wayne,

I received my Pedersoli last week from Taylor’s & Company. I’ve not yet shot it and have a couple of questions. What powder charge did you use with the Moose bullet? Also, did you use the short or tall front sight that came with it?

I will try first with a Lyman .542 expanded to .547 as CapandBall explains in his video shooting the Pedersoli Lorenz. I’ve also size a hand full down to .539 so I can try them with a paper patch just for fun. I may get one of the Moose molds if the Lyman .542 does not work out.

Thanks for your update. I hope I have as much luck as yourself.

wcameron
01-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Mark,

I settled on 53 grains of Olde Eynsford 1.5F powder after trying literally everything else. My bore measured .5485 instead of .547. I'd measure your bore before you decide on a mould. Moose made their Lorenz Wilkenson especially for this Pedersoli rifle.
Good luck.
Wayne

wcameron
01-15-2019, 10:49 AM
I forgot about the sight. Neither worked for what we do. I had a gunsmith use the shorter one and made it much taller. He cut a groove in it and stalled a brass sight I have from S&S. Then once I got it to group I filed it down to zero for 50 yards.

threepdr
01-15-2019, 11:07 AM
Thanks, Wayne!