PDA

View Full Version : in search of black leathers

mike davenport
12-23-2018, 10:10 PM
The title says it all! we have a brand new member, 14 years old, and ready to start skirmishing. He has a complete uniform, a 1863 2 band cut down rifle musket loaned to him and a mold.
what he needs is a set of leathers.
so if you have an old set "hanging " around, and want to pass along your vintage equipment to a very appreciative young man. Please contact me.
thanks
Mike Davenport
DSR

Chris Sweeney
12-24-2018, 11:11 AM
I have a black cartridge box, which was left in a basement for a little too long, so it's kind of musty smelling and a little stiff. A spray of lysol and a bit of saddle soap should make it OK. If your guy can put it to use, it's his

mike davenport
12-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Chris
if you will message me with your address, we will pay for the shipping to get it to us and your time to get it to the post office via a check or postal order

you can ship to me....
Mike Davenport
205 Shortcut Road
Barco NC 27917

His name is Justin! we certainly appreciate your gift to a new shooter!

Merry Christmas!
Mike

geezmo
12-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Mike,

I have a used, but decent, cap pouch that Justin can have. I'll try to get it in the mail on Wednesday. Tell him Merry Christmas from New York. To you and your other teammates as well.

Barry Selzner

Story
12-24-2018, 06:45 PM
left in a basement for a little too long, so it's kind of musty smelling s

Is there really any difference in smell between those and a teen-aged boy?

Source: was a teen-aged boy once upon a time, can self-confirm.

mike davenport
12-25-2018, 10:47 PM
Thanks!
<mIKE

Mike,

I have a used, but decent, cap pouch that Justin can have. I'll try to get it in the mail on Wednesday. Tell him Merry Christmas from New York. To you and your other teammates as well.

Barry Selzner

Chris Sweeney
12-30-2018, 08:45 AM
Mike:
Cartridge box is on its way - no charge for shipping - a Christmas gift from he damyankees of the 44th NY

RaiderANV
12-30-2018, 12:23 PM
Fer damnyankees.......ya'll ain't to bad!

geezmo
12-30-2018, 04:35 PM
Mike,

According to USPS, the cap pouch arrived in Raleigh, NC at 1:08 this morning. It's supposed to be delivered some time tomorrow. Same as Chris Sweeney, no charge, just tell Justin Merry Christmas.

Pat (Raider).

I had no relatives (that I'm aware of) who were here during the Civil War, or War of Northern Aggression. Just by chance those who arrived later landed in N.Y. So, I have no stake in this. New York is a big, beautiful and mostly rural state. It's New York City that gives us a bad name. Many of us would like to make it a state of it's own. You guys aren't so bad either, Ya'll.

A happy and healthy New Year to All!!

Barry Selzner

mike davenport
12-31-2018, 11:55 PM
Chris
Come the Spring national, Justin, his dad and I will make a visit to you and your team mates. whats your favorite beverage?
Sincerely
Mike

Mike:
Cartridge box is on its way - no charge for shipping - a Christmas gift from he damyankees of the 44th NY

762x51
01-01-2019, 07:41 AM
Mike,

I've sent you a PM regarding this - I was asking if you needed anything else as I do have some spare leather items.

Orin

mike davenport
01-03-2019, 01:06 PM
Barry
The Cap box arrive on Wednesday!
We thank you !
Mike and Justin!!

Mike,

Barry Selzner

geezmo
01-03-2019, 01:47 PM
You're welcome. Glad it's going to be put to good use.

BS