PDA

View Full Version : Moose moulds

wcameron
12-17-2018, 04:17 PM
Does anyone know if Moose Moulds is still in business? I've emailed and called but no one responds or answers the phone. Thanks

RaiderANV
12-17-2018, 11:17 PM
Search Moose Molds. This has been covered on here a couple times

Ray N CW ENT
12-18-2018, 12:51 AM
Does anyone know if Moose Moulds is still in business? I've emailed and called but no one responds or answers the phone. Thanks

You will get a faster response if you hit them up on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MooseMoulds/

Rey

ms3635v
12-18-2018, 05:58 AM
They are still in business. Moose was away deer hunting and of course he does work full time. A Facebook message really works the best.

dougmichigan
12-18-2018, 08:40 AM
Moose Molds is notoriously hard to get service from. I tried for weeks with little luck. They don't care about customers except at the Nationals. I finally used Brooksmoulds.com and they were AWESOME. Very responsive and quick turnaround with a custom Sharps mold. They're the place to go!

mike davenport
12-18-2018, 10:09 AM
I would have to disagree with the above statements. This vendor/company has done a great service to our group by providing molds and other services to our group. Remember that many of our sutlers/vendors also have "real" full time jobs and these folks do this out of the love they have for the sport. None are going to be Big Business moguls. I have found that Moose and his molds are excellent quality, and he stands behind his work. i use several of his molds ( i have many others too) and they all work well.
Respectfully
Mike Davenport
DSR

RaiderANV
12-18-2018, 10:50 AM
I stand corrected Sir Eggs

ian45662
12-18-2018, 01:08 PM
I for one have always had very positive dealings with them. I have always used Facebook to contact them. I have always been more than happy with the moulds they have sent me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j.howardcycles
12-18-2018, 03:34 PM
I use nothing but Moose Moulds. I have 16 molds from them and they have always worked great. They each have full time jobs . Making the molds is more for the love of the sport and to help their fellow Skirmishers. I know that they also compete in the N-SSA and go hunting this time of year. Best is to try them on Face Book.

Maillemaker
12-18-2018, 04:07 PM
I haven't bought from them in a few years, but man I sure love their 577-420 Wilkinson. It's a Holy Grail bullet. Super easy to cast, dual cavity, and incredibly accurate in my P53 with Whitacre barrel.

Steve

RaiderANV
12-18-2018, 07:26 PM
OK I retract my comment. These positive experiences gladden my heart! Pat my man you were right!

Geez.....where do I stand now.....

Muley Gil
12-18-2018, 09:16 PM
Geez.....where do I stand now.....

That's easy-you're Standing Pat! :D

RaiderANV
12-18-2018, 09:21 PM
Always behind the guy with the really big gun.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of the guy with the really big gun, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy Maynard and thy 10X rounds they comfort me
And he has a starr anyways.......

dougmichigan
12-19-2018, 11:13 AM
It's clear no one is questioning the quality of their work. But their horrible customer service makes it almost impossible to get something from them. Come on...stop the feeble excuses for them. How hard is it to pick up a phone or send off a quick email response to a customer inquiry. After my own personal experience and the many others I've read on this forum, it's pretty evident that they just don't care.

Hal
12-19-2018, 12:35 PM
I bought two moulds from them in the past and got very quick responses and pretty quick turn around, too, but that's been 2-3 years ago. Since then, I have heard these same complaints several times. At one point, someone said they had been sick, but the problem seems to persist. And it's been over a year since I heard that. I hope they are well and it's not an ongoing serious illness. I wish them the best, but when it comes time to buy a mould, I don't think I want to get caught up in placing an order and it being months before I get my mould. At that point, what would I do? Do I buy one from someone else? If so, can I cancel the Moose order? Or will I end up with two moulds? Just not a situation I want to get into. And it's a pity, because they do make a really nice mould.

Oh, and by the way, I don't do Facebook, so that option is out.

Obi2winky
12-19-2018, 12:46 PM
I just got moose juice from them just around the time of Nationals. The only slow part in the transaction was them depositing the check, and everything else was great. Maybe they went on holiday vacation or something?

MR. GADGET
12-19-2018, 02:33 PM
I just got moose juice from them just around the time of Nationals. The only slow part in the transaction was them depositing the check, and everything else was great. Maybe they went on holiday vacation or something?

Not a fan of the moose juice
Used it on a new mold, it pitted it up really bad.
Carried it to the just to see and they did not even care at all.
I moved on.

jonk
12-20-2018, 06:49 PM
I emailed them about 2 months ago and heard back within a day. Sadly to hear they are no longer offering round ball molds, which are STILL listed on their site. That's what I was asking about. But the reply was fast anyhow. That's been my experience with them, they usually have gotten back to me promptly.