PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a 2 band musket

Ajkz1
12-15-2018, 02:36 PM
I am just getting into black powder shooting and a friend who used to be an active n-ssa shooter suggested I try to find an english made parker hale 2 bander or if possible something else that has been worked up and is a proven shooter.

I would also appreciate any sage advice to help me get started. I would eventually like to join a team.

Thank you,

Alec

Maillemaker
12-15-2018, 03:18 PM
Hi Alec,

Where are you located?

Steve

hwaugh
12-15-2018, 05:15 PM
I have an original Potts and Hunt Bar-on-Band Enfield 2 band rifle that has been relined by Bobby Hoyt...$1200.00 if interested give me a call at 315-592-4901 and I will be glad to forward pictures.

Harry Waugh - 3731 V -Terry's Texas Rangers

Harry Gaul
12-17-2018, 11:53 AM
I have or will have two 2 banders for sale soon. One of the two banders is ready to go, it is a Confederate mounted rifle with original lock and stock and other goodies. There are a few repro parts. The barrel has been relined by Hoyt. I have used it a number of years and it is a good shooter with 36 grains of 3F and the small semi wad cutter bullet by Lyman or Rapine. The trigger job is under four pounds. The musket has a SAC card if you are planning on joining the NSSA.

The second two bander is a 63 type II with a Numrich barrel. The musket is finished and needs to be inspected by SAC to get a card. The musket is unfired and needs to be sighted in . I will sell for $800 shipped. It is mix of original and repro parts. The trigger is under four pounds. The breech has been bedded.

Pictures upon request.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry
3rd US
03626 v

Dan Mastin
12-17-2018, 12:39 PM
hwaugh

check your pm

Ajkz1
12-17-2018, 06:46 PM
Hi Alec,

Where are you located?

Steve

I am located in Colorado, Steve.

Ajkz1
12-17-2018, 06:48 PM
I have an original Potts and Hunt Bar-on-Band Enfield 2 band rifle that has been relined by Bobby Hoyt...$1200.00 if interested give me a call at 315-592-4901 and I will be glad to forward pictures.

Harry Waugh - 3731 V -Terry's Texas Rangers

I PM'd you Harry.

Ajkz1
12-17-2018, 06:49 PM
I have or will have two 2 banders for sale soon. One of the two banders is ready to go, it is a Confederate mounted rifle with original lock and stock and other goodies. There are a few repro parts. The barrel has been relined by Hoyt. I have used it a number of years and it is a good shooter with 36 grains of 3F and the small semi wad cutter bullet by Lyman or Rapine. The trigger job is under four pounds. The musket has a SAC card if you are planning on joining the NSSA.

The second two bander is a 63 type II with a Numrich barrel. The musket is finished and needs to be inspected by SAC to get a card. The musket is unfired and needs to be sighted in . I will sell for $800 shipped. It is mix of original and repro parts. The trigger is under four pounds. The breech has been bedded.

Pictures upon request.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry
3rd US
03626 v
Thank you, I pm'd you.

ikesdad
12-19-2018, 11:42 AM
Maybe look for a decent Zoli Zouave since you are starting out in BP. They are on the lower end of the price range and if you dont like the hobby or lose interest, you are not out near as much as if you purchased a high end competition rifle. There's no NSSA here in Colorado.