PDA

View Full Version : Repro Rogers and Spencer - any made in 36 caliber?

keweenaw
12-08-2018, 03:57 PM
Greetings. just recently ran across a repro revolver that seems to be a Rogers and Spencer, in 36 cal. It has none of the usual R & S markings like the Euroarms ones had. The person who owned it said it was made by Pietta (from the italian proof marks on the right side of the frame below the cylinder). Those are the only markings on the gun. The front sight has been dovetailed and a higher front sight has been installed.

Can you help?

Thanks

Southron Sr.
12-08-2018, 05:54 PM
ALL original Rogers & Spencer revolvers were made in .44 caliber. I have never heard of any replica Rogers & Spencer revolvers in .36 caliber as all the replicas are in .44 caliber.

Pietta has never made any replica Rogers & Spencers, perhaps the replica revolver in question is a Pietta repro of the .36 Remington revolver.

keweenaw
12-08-2018, 06:18 PM
Thanks for the response. Dont really know about the Pietta comment the owner made, but it was definitely a Rogers and Spencer, not a Remington. Hence the question, as I have never seen one of those either. He also mentioned it was "distressed" at the factor to make it look more original.

hawkeye2
12-09-2018, 12:47 AM
Is it possible it was a reproduction Whitney? Palmetto made them some years back.

hobbler
12-10-2018, 07:46 PM
That's a fine looking shooting iron.

keweenaw
12-14-2018, 04:12 PM
Well, I saw this at a gun show on a Saturday, went back on sunday and the dealer was gone. So could not look at it again. I will keep my eyes open for this dealer in future shows to spot the gun again. Very curious.